Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello members!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:06 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 803 Total Views

Thank you for joining! I look forward to expanding, so please help promote our group! I hope you find this group to be open-minded and accepting. If you have any ideas of how to improve this group, please don't hesitate to share. I look forward to getting to know all you new people.  I am Brianne, 25, mother of 1 daughter, Sienna, married to a wonderful hubby and living near Sacramento, California. Please feel free to provide some introductions of your own!

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackdaw
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Hello, I'm Jackie from England. I'm 42 (Shhh!) married and have 2 daughters, one all grown up, the other is 12.

As a matter of interest, did married members of the group have a religious or non-religious wedding? Mine was a civil ceremony at the local registrars office, very plain and simple with a reception at my in-laws afterwards. Ok, we were being cheap skates Lol.

thebestbrianne
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 2:55 PM

My wedding was a quick thing at a little chapel in Reno. It was not religious. We chose the place based on price, the cheapest!

Kayte70
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Hi I'm Kayte. I have 2 kids, 10 and 6 and am recently separated. I just joined....glad to find a group like this.

I used to attend a Unitarian Universalist church and would go again if I had one closer.  If you've never looked into UU"s - they are a liberal all inclusive bunch. I would describe myself as a spiritual agnostic...a mystical humanist...ha...idk...

I live in the South and boy if you dont go to church people will judge you.  I keep trying to go mainstream again (I was Methodist), but I just can't...I just don't believe what i hear in my heart.  I want my kids to have a strong moral compass and I feel like I need a community to help them develop that but I still can't do the mainstream religions - no matter how hard I try to swallow it.

So I always enjoy finding intelligent "normal" people who are willing to think and look outside of the box...

Oh about the wedding...I got married outside by a minister who was in my husband's national guard unit (but not a chaplain)....if IF i get married again, I would like to do outside - maybe at the ocean....or hell, vegas baby.

wink mini~K

imamom
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:39 PM

hi all.  i'm gala, mom to 4, married 13 yrs (wow, how'd THAT happen?!)  i am a committed athiest and we were married @ the courthouse.  like kayte, i live in the south, and while i don't hide what i believe, i sure don't advertise it.  i have had issues finding mom friends in my area.  everything revolves around church in some form here.

Kayte70
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Quoting imamom:

hi all.  i'm gala, mom to 4, married 13 yrs (wow, how'd THAT happen?!)  i am a committed athiest and we were married @ the courthouse.  like kayte, i live in the south, and while i don't hide what i believe, i sure don't advertise it.  i have had issues finding mom friends in my area.  everything revolves around church in some form here.

omg...i live in a small town...have for 7 years now and don't have any friends...not any i would go out with at least....grrr it's hard being "different"

wink mini~K

thebestbrianne
by Group Owner on Dec. 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I have no friends nearby either frown mini

Quoting Kayte70:

Quoting imamom:

omg...i live in a small town...have for 7 years now and don't have any friends...not any i would go out with at least....grrr it's hard being "different"

BonaFide
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM

im new to the group. my name is cynthia (27 years old).  i am a mom to 4 girls.  we live in texas. my hubby and i are agnostic. i also have difaculty finding friends in the area we are in.

thebestbrianne
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Welcome new members!

JayDub
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Hi! I'm Jaime. I am 28 and mother to one. My son's name is Miles. We have two Jack Russell Terriers that were our "practice children" named Hoagie and Orbit. They are a handful to say the least, and unfortunately, they have been a bit neglected in the exercise department since the birth of our son. I want another child NOW, but must respect the natural fears that my husband has and wait a bit longer until he is ready for number two as well. My husband is a computer programmer. I am a self-employed hair stylist. I was working 40-55 hours per week until two days before Miles was born. Now I am working 16 hours per week. Its just enough that I can really appreciate being at home with my son, as well as appreciate my work relationships and have a little cash to myself without feeling like I need to ask for money...I REALLY REALLY HATE that. Too much pride, I guess. We are currently living in Minneapolis, MN and have lived for over 10 years. However, we have found recently that the conveniences that we once loved about the city, are now becoming less important, and we also cannot afford a property with all the amenities that we would want (like privacy, a huge garden and a music studio). Thus, we are looking for an old hobby farm north of the Twin Cities. This would be our attempt at being very self-sustaining, as well as our attempt at creating a wonderful get-away for our friends to come out for a visit. And lastly, religion...I am not against anyone's personal beliefs, so longs as they keep them personal and not make attempts to get me to be a part of it. I believe that certain types of people need that sort of thing as a moral compass, and something abstract to have faith in to get them through the day...so that's my religious motto..."Whatever gets you through the day, but keep it to yourself."
katiegirl
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Hi! Just saw your siggie in another group and wanted to join. Anyway I'm Katie, 25, and a single mom to Trinity, she will be 6 on V-day. We live in Northern Michigan. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)