Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel like everythings falling apart

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
Hi, I am so glad I found this group first of all.  Since moving to Katy my family and I have strengthened our relationship with God, and it feels amazing.  But I feel myself slipping sometimes.  Until we moved here, I only had a partial relationship with the Lord, and so sometimes I don't know how to let him be in charge.  We are in such a bad position at the moment and things just keep piling on top of that I wonder if and when it will end.  Three weeks ago our family vehicle was totalled in a wreck, thank God my husband is okay, but the car is no more.  We didn't get any money from that because it was an open account.  Now we have no money and horrible credit and no room in our budget to get another vehicle for the family.  Our town doesnt have public transportation so we rely on members of the church for a ride to get groceries on the weekends and to get to and from church.  This is a really difficult task as we are a family of five.  My husband got out of the Marines last year and has since been from one job to another hating each and every single one, right now he is stuck behind a desk in sales.  Finding another job is much easier said than done, his USMC job was fixing weapons, not many job options in civilian life.  He tried taking a test for the Harris County Sheriff but was disqualified due to admitting to taking two pain killers for his whiplash from the accident a few weeks earlier, they even said they could have arressted him for it.  (He didnt take them that day, but we didnt have insurance for him to go to the doctor either). On top of that my youngest has baby reflux, she spits up absolutely everything all the time, even solids and shes almost 6 months old.  We dont have insurance right now (still in application process) and the clinic I took her to didnt want to do anything just tried to tell me she will grow out of it.  So she screams all day long, pukes all day long and I wind up a wreck by the end of the day.  There are so many other things weighing on my mind that I could go on about but those are the two main things that are bothering me.  I am in need of some prayer and some support big time right now.  Sorry this was so long!  Thank you for listening!!
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:47 PM
I know at times like this we really start to wonder, "OK, God where are you?  It's me again, God.  Remember me?  Yoo Hoo God.... I need your help."  But just remember it's during those times He is strenghtening our relationship with Him.  I like to watch glass blowers and I think of it this way.  In order to make glass the sand has to get really, really hot.  Then it starts  making glass.  But if the artisian just leaves it, it will look like a blob.  But he puts it to the fire and the hotter it gets the more he can form it.  Try to look at yourself like that blob (yes I have to remind myself of this too).  God is in control.  He's breathing life into you and is going to be there to take care of you.  And when you get through the firing... you're going to be something beautiful!!!  I think of the song... "Something beautiful, something good.  All my confusion.  He understood.  All I had to offer Him was brokeness and strife, but He made something beautiful of my life."

Dear Heavenly Father:
We thank you for Janae and her trust in you.  We thank you for the service her husband provided for our country.  We thank you for her three beautiful children.  We ask you to touch their baby.  Heal the baby in Jesus name so she can be a witness of your mighty touch.  Touch her husband.  Give him a job that he enjoys and can support his family.  Bless this family financially.  God you know they need a car.  You can provide a car for this family.  You word says you will provide for our needs.  You know the needs.  Bless this mother.  Let her feel your love and that you have a future for them already planned out.  Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers.  We love you Father.  In Jesus name we pray.  Amen.

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:02 PM
                      Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."

sometimes life seems like God is not listening, but He is in control. our family went through over 10  years of financial hardship and there were times that my faith was really tested...but God in His infinite was would send little miracles to remind me that He knows what He is doing. i would get an unexpected check in the mail or an anonymous basket full of goodies on my porch. just last weekend, my daughter who was in need of a car, but no money, was able to get one because the Lord provided one from a friend, who allowed her to take the car without a down payment and can make payments to her for 2 years of $50-$100 a month.

don't give up! keep looking to Him and like a friend once told me...sometimes God gives you so much that all you can do is lie on your back and look Him!

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:13 PM
 I will keep you in my prayers.  I know how hard money problems can be. and all I can say is to please keep your faith and believe and God will take care of you his love will cover you and I believe that He is watching over us right now and I know he is sending his love down to you.  I have been having a lot of problems too and God has sent me this group and all of these wonderful women to lift me up in prayer and to be my friends.  And I want you to know that God does send angels to help us and all we have to do is to have faith.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.   God ya...............................................
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:43 PM
It's in the valleys of life that we grow...We can't make it to the top of a mountain with out a steep upward climb and that is how life is.  When life gets to be too much drop to your knees and praise God for your family, your home, food to eat, sunshine, rain...anything that that comes to your mind.  Then lay your burdens at His feet, Anything that is bothering you, give to Him who is faithful and true.  He hears your plea.  The biggest thing to remember is He wants a relationship with you.  He is not a god you have to earn favor from, He already Loves you.  Just as in any relationship there has to be contact and communication...that is what God wants from us.  REMEMBER JESUS LOVES YOU!!

Dear Heavenly Father I pray for this family Lord.  I lift them up before Your heavenly throne and ask You to show favor upon them.  Whatever struggles in life they are going through I pray You shower them with Your abundant blessing.  Protect them Father from the storms of life...calm the waters Lord that are rushing all around them.  Free them from their circumstance.  May Your spirit abide in their home so that it is peaceful, may they feel You where ever they are.  Give them Your strength, Your power, Your spirit, Your truth.  Send people into their lives to minister to them, help them, preserve them.  May the love between this woman and her husband grow during this time of trouble.  May the bonds of their love strengthen to where one ends the other begins.  Speak to their heart Lord the words only You know they need to hear.  Allow them peace during their sleep so they awake refreshed and rejuvinated to face another day.  Give them patience with their children and for each other.  More than anything else Lord, I pray they come to know You in a much deeper meaningful way.  May they come to know Your small still voice whispering in their hearts.  Raise them up Lord to follow in Your footsteps and protect them night and day.  It's in Your precious Son's Name I pray and ask all things, Amen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)