Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Why did you decide to get married while pregnant? I hear a lot of people saying that you should wait until after the baby is born.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Beautyful_Momma
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

My first time I was in the Navy and I had full benefits, medical and dental.  My babies daddy didn't work and said it only made sense for us to get married.  We were having a big wedding in October (Warren was due in August) and that by getting married I could give him benefits because he would be a dependant husband.  So he caught me...We ended up getting married in a quick JOP ceremony where we didn't even know our witnesses!  LOL 

paganbaby
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Ha! We didn`t know our witness either, lol. Me and Dh had been engaged for 2 years when I got pregnant. I needed to get on his insurance and I wanted to be married when I had my ds. Something about all three of us having the same name, you know.

I was 4 months preggy when we went to the library. I got the first available day they had. A Friday the 13. :-) Just so happened he proposed on a Friday the 13th. So it was perfect. I couldn`t fit into my wedding dress so I wore a stretchy black dress instead. We didn`t bring anyone with us either so we just grabbed a lady who was checking out books to witness for us. We got married again a year later in a garden of roses. Our friend acted as a minister and we read our own vows. It was perfect.

Quoting Beautyful_Momma:

My first time I was in the Navy and I had full benefits, medical and dental.  My babies daddy didn't work and said it only made sense for us to get married.  We were having a big wedding in October (Warren was due in August) and that by getting married I could give him benefits because he would be a dependant husband.  So he caught me...We ended up getting married in a quick JOP ceremony where we didn't even know our witnesses!  LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)