Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

My husband and I got engaged in June, and we planned for our wedding to be the same day in June this year.  Well in December I found out I was pregnant and I lost my insurance in January and so we got married so I could have insurance, but we haven't told anyone (except our minister, and on here) and are still going ahead with our wedding & reception in June. 

Everything with my wedding planning has been going so smoothly for the past 8 months, up until this past Monday.  We got a call from the reception site we booked 6 months ago... When we looked at it back in August, it wasn't completely finished and we were told it'd be finished in January.  Well Monday they called to let us know that due to the economy, it wasn't going to be finished at all in 2010.  They gave us back our deposit, but we started calling around and found NOTHING.  We called 18 places, and all of them were booked already.  My mom started talking to a caterer a couple days (the place we were planning on having it at had their own caterers) who must really want our business, because she told my mom yesterday she thinks she found a place for us.  So we were so happy, they emailed us pictures and we loved it.  Well, we went to book it today and the lady asks the name of who we know who lives in that neighborhood, and I was like Umm no one?? And she said, we only rent this to people who know someone living in the area around it.  GRR!! It's down in Alabama (we're having a beach wedding in gulf shores) so of course we know NO ONE there... But our caterer told us that she knows a couple people who live there and she'll see if we can write down their names.... I hope so!! Otherwise I don't know what we're going to do!!
Oh well I guess it wouldn't be a wedding if there wasn't something going wrong!! LOL

Gender Prediction

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CrimsonAlchemy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I wish you luck.  I had my wedding in a community park with a playground.  It was really inexpensive and easlily booked in short notice.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)