Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cooking from Scratch - Recipes with Beef

Add your favorites!

by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-18):
michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Steak Pizzaiola

1 1/ 4 pound boneless sirloin steak about 1 inch thick, excess fat trimmed 

salt 

2 Tablespoons olive oil

4 cloves of garlic, smashed 

1 large onion sliced 1/4 inch thick

2 bell peppers, 1 red 1 yellow sliced 1/4 inch thick

4 jarred pepperoncinis, drained and thinly sliced

1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes

1/2 teaspoons parsley

pinch of red pepper flakes

2 Talespoons fresh parsley chopped 

Sprinkle the steak all over with salt, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. add the steak and sear until browned transfer to a plate. 

add the garlic to the skillet once it sizzles, add the onion and bell peppers, cook stirring occasionally, until they soften slightly, Add the pepperoncinis, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and 3/4 cup water and stir to combine. Bring to a rapid simmer, then nestle the steak in the the sauce and simmer turn once until medium rare about 7 minutes or cook longer for your degree of doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes . Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divided among plates, top with sauce and parsley , Serve with focaccia.

DnSnEsMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oven Beefy Noodles

1-1/2 oz. pkg. onion soup mix
4 c. water
10-3/4 oz. can cream of
mushroom soup
3-lb. boneless beef chuck roast
12-oz. pkg. kluski egg noodles, uncooked
2 T. dried parsley

Combine onion soup mix and water in a covered roasting pan; stir in mushroom soup. Place roast in pan on top of soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours, or until meat is very tender. Remove roast from pan and shred; return to pan. Add noodles to pan; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, checking and stirring every 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Add water if necessary to prevent drying out. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Milanasmama
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Roast beef

1lb beef chuck rroast 

dry beef of any moisture by patting it down with paper ttowels 

salt and pepper all ssids

add allspice to all sides 

sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder on all sides 

Lastly sprinkle on some brown sugar if you are feeling frisky 

Add 3carrots peeled and chopped, or half a small bag of baby carrots 

Half a white onion 

One whole garlic clove 

lone cup of cold wwater

cover and cook for about 45mins to an hour for medium rare. (I cook it for 45mins check it. And if it looks good I take it out and let it finish cooking as it rests. 

For gravy

Take out veggies, add 1tbsp of butter to pan juices and bring to boil on stove top add 1bsp of flour whisk together and let simmer to get desired consistency. Add salt and pepper if needed. 

Serve with mashed potatoes or add red skin potatoes to roasting pan with beef and the carrots n onion 

Milanasmama
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I forgot to add 

brown the beef on all sides stove top before putting in oven to get a nice crust on the beef

Quoting Milanasmama:

Roast beef

1lb beef chuck rroast 

dry beef of any moisture by patting it down with paper ttowels 

salt and pepper all ssids

add allspice to all sides 

sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder on all sides 

Lastly sprinkle on some brown sugar if you are feeling frisky 

Add 3carrots peeled and chopped, or half a small bag of baby carrots 

Half a white onion 

One whole garlic clove 

lone cup of cold wwater

cover and cook for about 45mins to an hour for medium rare. (I cook it for 45mins check it. And if it looks good I take it out and let it finish cooking as it rests. 

For gravy

Take out veggies, add 1tbsp of butter to pan juices and bring to boil on stove top add 1bsp of flour whisk together and let simmer to get desired consistency. Add salt and pepper if needed. 

Serve with mashed potatoes or add red skin potatoes to roasting pan with beef and the carrots n onion 

FTM to a princess
michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM

This was GOOD, and the smell of it cooking drove us crazy!

Smoky Beef Roast

• 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (I used hickory)
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 (2 to 3 pound) boneless beef roast (mine had a bone...no biggie)
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce

In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow container, combine the first eight ingredients. Add roast.  Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate for 8 hours.
Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in greased 2 1/2−quart baking pan. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Baste with barbecue sauce. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 20 minutes longer or until beef is fork−tender.

Yields 4 to 6 servings.

Note:  I used a 3 to 4 lb. beef roast

michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Baked Steak

• 2 lb. round steak (can also be sirloin), cut into serving pieces
  • 1 can beefy mushroom soup
  • 2 Tbsp. steak sauce (like A-1)
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 tomato, diced (I used 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained)

Lay steak in baking dish. Mix soup and steak sauce with seasonings.  Pour over steak.  Top with onion slices and diced tomatoes.  Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour.

michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:20 AM

CROCKPOT CARNE GUISADA

• 2-3 pound chuck roast, trimmed and cubed
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 can Rotel with green chilies, or 15 oz. can diced tomatoes and 4 oz. can green chilies
  • 14 ounces beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder 
  • 1 teaspoon cumin 
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Place beef in crockpot.  Mix rest of ingredients in a bowl.  Salt and pepper beef to taste and add the mixture in the bowl to the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours until the beef is very tender. Remove the beef cubes to a plate (can shred with forks if you like.)  Add liquid from pot as desired until meat is moist but not soupy.  Serve in low carb tortillas or over chopped lettuce, if desired. Top with whatever you like from cheese and sour cream to guacamole, etc.

The counts below do not include the tortillas, lettuce or toppings.

Makes 4-6 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/4 Recipe: 440 Calories; 22g Fat; 49g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 294 Calories; 14g Fat; 33g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

TAKate
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I've never really kept track of how much I add, so this is a "what feels right" recipe. If there's something missing or have questions, let me know.

Crock Pot Roast w/Carrots & Potatoes and Gravy

Ingredients:

• 3# Chuck Roast
  • Can of French Onion Soup Mix + Can of Water
  • Onion Soup Mix (1 packet; I use Lipton)
  • Pepper
  • 2 Bay Leaves
  • 1 Onion, roughly sliced (optional)
  • 3-5 Potatoes (your choice), peeled and cut into bite size pieces
  • 3-5 Large Carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces (mini ones can just get thrown in)
  • Cornstarch

Directions:

1. Place roast in crockpot. Sprinkle with pepper and less than half of the onion packet. Cover with French Onion Soup. Place one bay leaf in soup.
  2. In a seperate bowl, mix together onion, carrots, potatoes and the rest of the onion mix. I add as much carrots and potatoes as I can until the crockpot is filled. Add more or less of what you like.
  3. Pour veggies mixture over the roast. Place bay leaf in the veggie mix. Add one can of water (you can add more during cooking if it looks like it needs it).
  4. Now at this point you cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Or toss it in the fridge and throw it in the crock pot in the morning, cooking on low for the same amount of time. I'd suggest letting it sit overnight.
  5. Remove meat, veggies and bay leaves from the crockpot when done.
  6. I strain the liquid into a large pot to make a gravy so anything left in the crockpot is not in my gravy. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a seperate cup/bowl (I wing it here). Add to the liquid from the crockpot until it's the consistency you want.

Hopefully this makes sense. This is a recipe I fiddled with until I thought it tasted good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN