Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first weigh in!! YIKES!!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

ok, i just got back from walmart and i bought a scale.  i kinda had an idea of what i weighed but just seeing it on the scale is so NOT fun!!  ugh!!  first, let me say that i'm 5'7" and have ALWAYS been rail thin.  i was mercilessly teased for being so scrawny.  i was around 120 when i got married only 6 1/2 years ago.  i would like to lose about 20 lbs.  ok.....can i get a drum roll.....i weigh 150.4 lbs.  i know that doesn't sound like a lot, but i'm so unhappy with it.  i want to be around 130 lbs. 
sooooo.....now it's YOUR turn to say how much you weigh.  all of us are here because we aren't happy with where we are, so the "number" you're at right now isn't going to stay at that "number" for very long!!!  so don't be shy or embarrassed!!  let's all encourage and motivate each other!!!
jumping ropedumbbell

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rae517
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Well, as for me I weigh 192lbs.  I don't look it as I am 5'11 and it I proportion well, but I weigh over 30lbs more than when I first met DH and I would like to lose somewhere between 20 and 30lbs.  I would like to lose the weight to 1, feel better about my appearance, and 2, to be healthier for my next pregnancy, which DH and I would like to start trying for again in a year. 

Jawsqueen
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Quoting Rae517:

Well, as for me I weigh 192lbs.  I don't look it as I am 5'11 and it I proportion well, but I weigh over 30lbs more than when I first met DH and I would like to lose somewhere between 20 and 30lbs.  I would like to lose the weight to 1, feel better about my appearance, and 2, to be healthier for my next pregnancy, which DH and I would like to start trying for again in a year. 

You and me both! DH agreed that we'll start trying again when our baby turns 4. Right now he's 2 1/2 and potty training and he's doing really well...almost no accidents. I thought I might be happy about having no diapers to change but now I'm just having the baby blues :-(
JESSI-CAT
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM

OK ITS MY TURN TO WEIGH MYSELF. I HATE THIS OK BE RIGHT BACK.OK I WEIGH 216 AND RIGHT AFTER I HAD MY BABY IN MARCH I WENT DOWN TO 200. WTF. WELL LATELY I'M ALWAYS BETWEEN 212 AND 217 . I REALLY WANT TO GO DOWN TO 180 WOW. THATS 36 POUNDS OMG. I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET MYSELF GET LIKE THIS. WHEN I FIRST GOT WITH MY FIANCE 2 1/2 YEARS AGO I WAS 175. SO THATS MY REAL GOAL.SO THATS LIKE 40 LBS. OK .

V_mommy
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I do not own a scale, and never did, because I never wanted to torment myself. However, I never had to exersize before so maybe I need to buy one. I did go to the Dr. two weeks ago and I was 200lbs. I am 6 feet so it is all in my belly and just a little in my face but I wish it was in my butt. (LOL) I need to loose 30 pounds, I started exersizing with Jillian from the biggest looser video two weeks ago because after being horribly skinny most of my life and loosing the weight without trying after my first child I realized after my second that things are not going back this time without some elbow greese. However, sometimes I have felt melencholy after exersizing and I think it is the stress of being a mom, student, wife and volunteer worker that I have to push myself to love myself enough to be healthy. I really just want to be healthy because I have been skinny and it isn't so great either. I'm going to buy a scale this weekend and then I will post it to my new support group mommies. I need some enchouragment ladies, I'm stressing to keep it together.

V-

jeff_n_ash
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

hey v!!  i'm so glad you made it here!!!  i so know what you mean about being so stressed out and making yourself love yourself (does that make any sense??  lol)  i think the holidays have kinda gotten our little group a little crippled, but we're making it back slowly!  you joined at the perfect time!!  let us know if you need us for anything!  <3  ashleigh

Quoting V_mommy:

I do not own a scale, and never did, because I never wanted to torment myself. However, I never had to exersize before so maybe I need to buy one. I did go to the Dr. two weeks ago and I was 200lbs. I am 6 feet so it is all in my belly and just a little in my face but I wish it was in my butt. (LOL) I need to loose 30 pounds, I started exersizing with Jillian from the biggest looser video two weeks ago because after being horribly skinny most of my life and loosing the weight without trying after my first child I realized after my second that things are not going back this time without some elbow greese. However, sometimes I have felt melencholy after exersizing and I think it is the stress of being a mom, student, wife and volunteer worker that I have to push myself to love myself enough to be healthy. I really just want to be healthy because I have been skinny and it isn't so great either. I'm going to buy a scale this weekend and then I will post it to my new support group mommies. I need some enchouragment ladies, I'm stressing to keep it together.

V-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)