Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did your children act when daddy came home???

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

my hubby will be coming home soon.i have 2 kids.my daughter is 3 years old and i am sure she will be fine with daddy coming home.and we have a son that was 5 weeks old when daddy left and he'll be 8 months when my hubby gets home.i am not sure what to expted with our baby boy.how he will be.i don't want him to cry and scream when hubby holds him.we see him on web cam and talk on i too so he hears his voice.so i hope he relize who he is when he sees him.

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AProudUSMCWife
by Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 7:48 AM

it is a whole other ball game when daddy comes home..our daughter who was 2 when daddy came home this last time wasn't quiet sure of him...we have tons of picss, talk to daddy a good amount (about once a week or soo) he was able to have webcam access twice a month but from the size the our daughter got use to was a lot smaller then him being 6'5..this s the second deployment she has gone thru..but you dont push anything on the kids at all..Kayleigh stood near me both time..but when hubby came to us, I made him get down on the floor (her height) and talk to her for her to realize that it was him..she did go to him but it took sometime..then when we got home she would get upset if I left her sight..she just wasn't sure what to think about daddy being in the living room and whatnot..it took some time..this time she just back to him pretty quickly and get made when he leaves for work..lol..Colten wasn't born when he left this time and by the time hubby reuturn home he was 3 months..now even a 3 month old has a time with it...same thing..I held Colten while hubby talked to him and when he looked comfortable and smiling I hand him his son for the first time..I stood close by so lil man could see me and he was okay with it..I just have to be patient with it all and kinda let the kids do their thing..I'm not sure if you would get it in time..but go to Military OneSource and check out there stuff for kids they have a deployment video with elmo in it and then might have one for homecoming..I know all Marine units usually have homecoming briefs for you and then ones for kiddos to help them out..I hope all goes well for you and congrats on your homecoming..let me know if you have any other questions

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
I also do Pure Romance Parties!
visit my site for more info or shopping in the confidence of you own home: krystlekendall.pureromance.com
Contact me to get your 10% off for being part of Cafemom

CZB-Mom
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Our first deployment, back in 1999, was tough. At that point we only had two kids, the youngest being 18 months. We had a picture from boot camp hanging on the wall and while he was gone I would talk about "Daddy" while pointing to the picture. I didn't want him to forget what Daddy looked like. Anyway, first night home I told my son to go say "good night" to Daddy. He walked over to the picture and said "night-night". That broke my heart. He didn't recognize his father. He thought his dad was a picture. Subsequent deployments were easier but that first one sticks with me. My boys are older now 13, 11 and 8, and my husband was just informed that they were making him active duty again (he was reserves) and sending him to Iraq for up to 2 years. I'm worried this time because it's such a long period of time and the boys will be teenagers when he gets back. Anyway, that's my story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)