Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How smart!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:47 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 236 Total Views
I know it isn't nice to brag, but sometimes you just have to! And when you get done reading this I want you all to brag about how smart your little ones are too!

Ok, so Raven has been pretty smart since she was born, but here lately she has just been blowing me away! She hadn't been saying to many words, but she would do this "Mmmm  mmm" thing and point at whatever it was that she wanted. And I got to thinking one day, why should she talk, I know exactly what she wants so she doesn't really have to say words. So now everytime she wants something I tell her the word a few times and tell her to say it, and she repeats it to me!

Today she decided to start kissing me back instead of doing the open mouth thing that most babies do! I told her to give me a kiss and she kissed my cheek and even made the smack noise! It was too funny and sooo sweet. She's probably tired of kissing me by now bc I've been getting her to do it all day! LOL!

There are so many more things I could tell you about, but I'll stop after this one to give you all a chance to brag about your angels. Ok, so the other day I decided to see if she could do one of her puzzles that she's had since X-mas. To my surprise I only had to point to the correct places once! Then she could do it all by herself! So after a couple of times I figured she had just memorized that puzzle, and I gave her a different one to do. She did that one too! Tonight I got them all out and she put them all together with little help from me. The only thing she can't do is turn the pieces right to fit them in the spots, but she does put them in the right place!
Here are pics of her & her puzzles!

Ok, so now it's your turn ladies. Let's hear how smart those December 05 babies are!

Wife to Henry since 09/10/04

Mom to Raven Jade since 12/17/05

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
EGMommy
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:41 AM

LOL!  How smart and adorable your little one is!  My Grace is the same way, super smart--too smart.  She tells me things like " I know" and and "I said No."  We were reading a book the other day that has numbers and then a matching amount of items.  She turned to the strawberries page and pointed to one, two, three and four, st-bries and counted them.  It was so adorable!  She also tells Grandpa's dog to "knock it off," just like Grandpa does.  She goes potty with me, not because she's learning, but because if anyone goes anywhere, she has to come with.  We have a small bathroom bc our house was built in 1917 *wow, I know--90 years old* and she pushed herself between my knees and the tub and told me "watch out, watch out, watch out!" LOL!   Her newest thing she learned, which really couldv'e come later is crawling downstairs!  It was so nice when she couldn't!  She has also learned how to take the shoulder cushions off her carseat and pull her arms out of the shoulder straps!  ARG!Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)