Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all you moms that understand....Im having a BAD day!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

I have a little boy that just turned 3 this past Dec. and I'm to the point I want to pull my hair out. Short story is we tried for 5 yrs to get him and when God finally gave him to us,I quite work to be a sahm and I have loved it until these past few months. He is very much a momma's boy. I call him a hair baby because he has to have his hands in my hair which seems like 24/7. It seems that NOBODY but me can do anything for him but me and he will say..."no I want Momma to do it!" UGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! If i don't sleep beside him he's up,If I go to the bathroom guess what,He's there! I cant even talk to my husband without him YELLING no talk to me!

He still has his papa (pacifier) is still peeing in his pants. He is pretty good about going while we are at home but when he don'twant to,He wont! What do I do? I feel as I have failedas a mother! I know this is something all moms go through and today is that day for me! My daughter that is 16 was potty trained by two and off the passy before 18 months. Why so easy for her and not him!

Any advise would be so appreciated!!!

Thanks for letting me vent to you all!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zoejains_momma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:36 AM

Zoe tried to do the same thing and DH and I put our foot down.. If she threw a fit because he got her something or did something that was the end of it whatever she wanted was taken away and not given back until the fit stopped and she said sorry to him.

as for potty training... i wish! we just had a new  baby and she has stopped trying.

laura72150
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Quoting zoejains_momma:

Zoe tried to do the same thing and DH and I put our foot down.. If she threw a fit because he got her something or did something that was the end of it whatever she wanted was taken away and not given back until the fit stopped and she said sorry to him.

as for potty training... i wish! we just had a new  baby and she has stopped trying.

Thank you so much for the answer! I will give a try! One thing I have to do is STOP being so soft!

MOMOF2INTR
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM

My DD was acting out in that way also.  Me and her would have I call "Battles".  I finally put my foot down and started a chart for her.  She would get to put a sticker on her chart for going on the potty,  picking up toys, staying in her bed without mommy, etc.  When they get a certain amount of stickers they get to go to the zoo, pick out a toy, day at the park, etc.  It worked really well with her.  I also kept some dollar store items around just for the days that they did something a little more special.  You also have to make it visually appealing.  So if you write a trip to the zoo put up zoo animals, the museum put up items for that, etc. 

laura72150
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I have tried this and it was good for about...4 days and back to this! Im so glad it works for you!

clilmomma
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 12:21 AM

must be th dec 05 babies cause my dd is up my but 24/7   as far as the passy i cut the tip off my son and daughters and that seemed to help. and when it came to the sleeping i  put them in their rooms with a night light and a radio and let them cry themselves to sleep put a baby gate up or get you dh to make a 1/2 door for his room that is what i have and i love it

momofbaizoe
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I think its the age. Zoey has gone full attitude and not listening. We just take it day by day.

She never took a paci but for a friends son we took all his pacis but one to the hospital for the babys there. the one left we took to build a bear and he put it in his animal. he never asked again.

good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)