Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crohn's and the Impact to Your Child's Growth

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:52 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
I was just wondering...  As a result of the lack of nutrition, my son's growth has already been affected by the Crohn's.  Time will tell if he will be able to "catch-up" to his peers or not as the disease is treated.  I am wondering if we should consider Human Growth Hormone therapy for him?  It isn't that I think he needs to be 6 feet tall when he is an adult, it's just that I don't think he needs to be a head shorter than his peers either.

Has anyone already faced this heartbreaking side of the disease?

Thanks
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
teri4lance
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM

my son's gi brought this up with us in the last meeting. He told us that when it seems like a child needs it, he has no qualms about giving it to them. he takes into consideration his growth line pre-CD, as well as genetic things (such as tall/short parents) and other stuff to decide whether it's called for. I believe he also said he can test to see if there is a growth hormone deficit in a child and administer it on that info as well.

So short answer is definitely ask the doc about it. No harm in getting more information about it.

If you love playing on Pogo join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)