Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

Hi there. My name is Katherine and I am a mom of 4 kids( 4 year old twins and a 2 year old and a 1 year old) and I am 35 weeks pregnant with B/G/G triplets. As a mom of multiples, I can kind of grasp the concept of one more, but at the same time it scares the crap out of me! I am currently on hospital bed rest because of contractions that I had, so I have been on every "triplet website" I can find! I never knew triplets were this common!! 

What I'm asking is any advice for raising newborn triplets- cause they are going to be here in a blink of an eye!!!

Thanks.

Katherine F.
Mom to Aiden, Evan, Leah and Olivia.((Baby #5 , # 6 and #7 coming soon))
Wife to Jon
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
triplets0718
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Congrats on your triplets and for getting so far in your pregnancy! I'm Jenny and I have B/G/B 6yr old trips and a 14mo old girl. My best advice is to accept all the help you can, and keep them all on the same schedule(especially feeding!).  Try and enjoy each moment with them, as you know they grow up so fast! Good Luck!

triplettmama
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM

congrats- I have 3yr old triplets and as you may know as hard as it may seem keep them on a schedual, not in the same crib This way they will always be use to being in thier own bed, i found by doing that when we finally put them in cribs it was easier transition. good luck!!!

Remember--- Impossible is just an opinion!!!winkCarmen

MommyBlogExpert
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I had my triplets at 36-1/2 weeks and they were GGB just like yours and they came home with me from the hospital in 4 days!

That's awesome that you've made it to 35 weeks! Who is taking care of your other kids? Your hubbie must be a real saint ;-)  My DH had to take care of just my one year old when I was hospitalized awaiting my triplets, so I have some idea of how stressed he might be right about now.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm here for support. Also to let you and all other families raising triplets know that I just announced the next annual Triplet Convention on Cafe Mom, which will take place in Philadelphia July 7-10.  See my other post in the Triplet Group on this event, which we've attended every year since 2001 (my triplets are now 12).

Also you should take a look at the blog I write on enhancing family living from the perspective of a mom with 4 kids born w/in a year (including triplets) it's really entertaining and informative and I do lots of giveaways http://MommyBlogExpert.blogspot.com

Lastly, but most important, please stay in touch and let us know the good news when the moment arrives. Feel free to email me at janis@janiselspas.com with any questions.

Janis Brett Elspas, Mommy Blog Expert

Mommy of GGB triplets + 1 more, all born within a year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)