Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedrest? Update!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 585 Total Views

I'm17 weeks pregnant with triplets and i was wondering how many of you were put on bedrest and at how many weeks? was it due to complications or was it just to be safe?

I'm now 19 weeks and today I had a doctors appointment and I was put on bedrest. Thankfully I don't have any complications, it's to get me to slow down so i can carry them aslong as possible. I think i am going to have a hard time with this especially when i have to other kids running around!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimt2008
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am 28 weeks and no bestrest yet. They have my schedule restricted. I can only leave the house for 2 hours a day. I am hoping I dont get bedrest but I am ok if I do. Good luck to you!

Kim

IAMmomtotrips
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks, just to slow me down...I about went crazy on bed rest.  I made it to 31 weeks. 

triplets0718
by Group Admin on May. 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I went on bedrest at home at 25wks, b/c of contractions. I went in the hospital at 29wks and was put on magnesium sulfate. I made it to 33wks.

mtnaspen
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM
I went on bed rest at 19 weeks due to cervical funneling and was put on hospital bed rest at 24 weeks due to pre term labor. I Delivered at 31 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1807MDT
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I went on bedrest at 22 weeks and had my children at 33 weeks. I went on bedrest because I was going into labor. I was in and out of the hospital but mostly at home hooked up to a monitor that checked my contractions.

Tluvsj
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I was put on bedrest at 20 weeks thru the end. I was in and out of the hospital and had the trips at 32 weeks. I was having a lot of contractions and kept trying to go into labor. It is a good idea to take it easy, even if your doc is worried about you! Odds are you won't go term with them but the longer they stay in there the better! Take this time to relax, cause it's gonna get crazy when they come! :) A good crazy, but crazy non the less! Mine are 19 months old and I don't think I have stopped since they came!! :)

KRISTIN0727
by on May. 29, 2010 at 2:49 AM

I was never on bedrest and delivered at 36 weeks 2 days. The babies came home with me and no NICU. I was still taking my son to pre-school towards the end, but did lie on the couch a lot when at home per my own choice. I went on two trips (one flying at 16 weeks and one driving 14 hours at 20 weeks). I did have the okay from my doctor for them.

I would just take it easy and hopefully you won't have to go on bedrest.

kirstenmommyof5
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

BUMP!

acmoore85
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM
I made it to 25 weeks then was admitted to the hospital due to my cervix opening , and pre term labor. Stayed In the hospital until I delivered at 32 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimt2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Oh no! Was your cervix changing? I slowed down at 20 weeks and then got a restricted schedule at 24. Does your doctor want you laying down? I have heard of many women getting wheelchairs so they could follow their kids around while resting.

Take good care of yourself!

Kim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)