Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your kids skip school for something fun?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

This came up in another group, and I was surprised by the answers. One lady said she was taking her dd out of school to go to Disneyland. (Must be close, it was for the day). My parents never did anything like that for us when we were growing up. If you don't have school age kids yet, is this something you did as a kid and will continue with yours? Or do you think you will start a "tradition" of doing this? I'm not talking about an all the time thing, but maybe 1, 2x's a year.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mvbullock
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Mine aren't in school yet & I am just not sure that I would do this. I was never taken out of school for anything but doctor or dentist appts.

triplets0718
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I was pretty surprised how many people did take their kid out. Some people said it was bonding time, they can learn outside of school etc. I like the idea behind it, but think that's what weekends, break and summer vacation is for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daniplus5
by Group Owner on May. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I only have one in school right now, but I just don't see thanking a child out of school to do something like that. I agree with triplets0718, that's what vacation days are for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)