Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fighting...Need Advice

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

My triplets are 16 months (14 months adjusted), Cody, Logan & Claire. They used to play and share toys pretty well. In the past month they have decided they no longer want to share anything, including me. They have started hitting, pushing, slapping, biting & pulling hair. Cody seems to be the instigator more often than the others. He wants to take the toys away from the other 2. He will drop his toys to crawl over and take away whatever one of the others have. He will pull them off of the ride on toys by their hair. When I tell Cody to stop or I swat his hand he looks at me and laughs.

When I am sitting on the floor with them and more than 1 baby tries to get into my lap they will scream and slap/push each other.

I figure this is normal behavior for multiples at this age. I try hard to redirect the instigator during fights since I know they are too young for time out.

Anyway most of you guys have triplets that are older than mine. Any advice on how to go about disciplining? Did anyone else go through this stage with their triplets?

Thanks guys!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
triplets0718
by Group Admin on May. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM

i probably did. Mine are 8 and still fight like you are describing. I take away whatever it is they are fighting over. I know at their age they don't understand it fully. I'll have to think about it and get back to you. I do remember my pedi telling me until about 18mos-2yrs, just redirect their attention. Ha! Easier said than done.

IAMmomtotrips
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Completely normal! Mine fight like cars and dogs! The biting and hair pulling lasted until they were 4...although at 5 we will get hair pulling, but it's completely different type of pulling now! We do love and logic in our house! We would put them in a timeout spot and they stayed until they quit crying,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)