Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new mom

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 140 Total Views
hi all! i am a mom of triplet girls born in december. i have been a member of cafemom now for about two weeks or so and i guess i'm in need for a little bit of support right now. my babies are still in the hospital and it's been a month now. one might be home soon though.  lately i have been starting to cry cause i don't have them with me. i know being in the NICU is the best place for them now, but  i still want to hold them. i wan't to change pampers and feed them. when i got pregnant i wasn't ready but the fact of the matter is i had to suck it up and get ready. now that i am ready, i just want them home. maybe i am just having some form of baby blues that i feel like no one understands and i am starting to cry alot.
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tripletmommy806
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM
Congrats on your trio!!!  I was at the NICU everyday.  That was the easy part.  Once the started releasing mine one by one I started to feel torn.  I didn't want to leave the baby(s) I had at home, but I was sad to not be at the hospital with the other(s).  Take a deep breath and they will be home before you know it.  This is just a small chapter of your life.  They need to be in the NICU to gain strength.  If you really feel you are getting the baby blues, then I suggest talking with your doctor as it can get worse once the babies are home...take it from me!  Good luck!  Would love to hear more about them too...names...weight...whenever you are ready!
rach431
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 1:46 PM
It is very understandable to cry not have your children with you or being able to take them home. The best thing I can say is take your time and recover get things completely ready. when they come home its going to get alittle crazy until you get hang of what each one's need are. My trilets was only in the nicu for 2 week and my son Ian came home first then the next day when we went up to see Emma and Trevor we got a suprise we was able to take the other two home.which was so unexspected. So just be ready they will be home before you know it.  You will be a great mom. If you have any questions feel free to ask I'll gladly get back to you as soon as I can. My hand are really full lol By the way my triplets just turned 3 this January.
MOMMYOFTRIPS
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2008 at 8:59 AM
Congrats on the babies!! That is great news!!  I am sure that all of us in here can understand what you are going thru!!  WE have all been there!!
And no doubt it sucks!!  Just know that NICU is the best place for them right now!!  I agree with the other post, maybe you should talk to your doc...you dont want this to get worse right before you are ready to take home your prescious babies!!! 
Hang in there, and if you need to talk, we are all here for you!!!!!

How far along were you?  What are the babies names and weights?

Good luck and please keep us updated...

There is a group on cafemom, for preemie babies...in there they also know what you are going thru and could also be a great help!!!!

Talk soon!!
Danielle
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)