Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep advice???

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 366 Total Views
All of my babies are on different schedules. Salem wants to sleep mostly in the day and stays up a lot at night. Sable sleeps pretty good at night. But Solstice sleeps in tiny naps all throughout the day and night. It's very frustrating because my husband and and get zero sleep. We both work and take care of the girls.We are just so tired! Any ideas on how to get the girls on the same sleep schedule?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oneplustriplets
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:01 AM
I remember those first months and they were sooooooo hard, but it does get easier.  Scheduling is everything!  You need to keep them all up at the same time, feed them at the same time and nap them at the same time.  Once you put them all on the same schedule you will get some much needed rest! My girls started sleeping through the night at five months and let me tell you, that was the best  night ever!  Good luck, and message me if you need anything!

"You dont scare me.......I have triplets!"

"Teacher's Have Class"

kllepc
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Routine is the key. You must, must, must get them on the same schedule. They need to eat and sleep at the same times, if their isn't enough hands to feed at the same time, then back to back as close as possible. Is there anyone you can ask to come stay and help out until they start sleeping through the night. Mine came home from NICU the day before they turned 5 weeks old. They were eating every 3 hours for the next 2 months (I believe, my memory fails because I didn't get any sleep those entire 2 months, lol) But I do believe it was in december when they turned 3 months old that they went to every 4 hour feedings and would skip a middle of the night feeding every once in awhile. It was so hard but by 4 months old I had gotten them to a every 4 hour feeding schedule during the day, they still were cat napping during the day (it took me alot longer to teach proper day time naps) but they were sleeping 11-12 hours every night since they were 4 months old. They are now 22mo and they still sleep really well at night. You can do it, find what routine will work best for you and them and work towards it. I found that once I made up my mind that they learned whatever it was I was trying to teach them within 3 days. The problem was mostly me not being consistent. Especially for day time naps. But by 5 months I did have them down to a morning and afternoon nap during the day. Good luck sister, I will be praying for wisdom and rest for you and your hubby. I so remember those sleepless days!!! It does go by really fast, so enjoy them babies as much as possible, when they are toddlers your tired will be a whole new tired. LOL Running in three directions all day everyday!!! LOL Isn't it great?

ttyl, KC
momof1plustrips
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:24 PM
It tooke me a few weeks to get mine on a specific bed time that was earlier than midnight.  My first goal was to get them to go to sleep on their own and they didnt all start going to sleep at bed time until i seperated them.  Once they had going to sleep by them selves down i started working on "bed time."  They were about 9 months old when i started working on the schedule but that has alot to do with moving around alot and really not knowing what to do.  My oldest got himself on a schedule so we never had to "try." to get him on a schedule.  I could get Thompson and 1 girl asleep but if i had both girls in one bed then they would play or whatever.  Leah is definately my best sleeper.  She always has been.  Depending on how old they are (i'm assuming they are younger than 1 year and my apologies if i'm wrong) but they should be awake 2 hours and then down for a nap.  If you can get it timed right then you can start them on a same time bed time every night.  Like i said it took me a few weeks but now when 8 o'clock rolls around they're in the bed.  I definately do not let them go to sleep after 6 pm and the earliest i will put them to bed is 7:30 pm.  You definately have to be consistant though.  Eventually they will get the hang of it and figure out "hey this is bed time."  If you can start a routine before bed like dinner, bath time, book, then bed they will catch on to the signs of bed time is coming soon.  I still have a hard time getting them to nap together during the day but thats b/c Thompson is not as far behind as Leah and Maya are (they were 7 weeks premature).  But no matter what...bed time is 8:00!!  If they stay the night over night somewhere bed time is 8:00.  I'm very strict about that!!  If the person they are staying w/ cant abide by my 8:00 rule then the kids cant stay the night and thats that!  What ever you decide to do, i cant stress it enough, consistancy is the key.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)