Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

task 20

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

1 point

Does religion play a part in your family for the holidays?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:45 PM
Replies (1-7):
Crystallynn
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM

We do remember that without Christ there would be no christmas.  We do not go to church as a family but we do believe.  We do read the bible, and we do pray, we just choose to do it at home.

naynaybee
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 5:51 AM

Yes. Its what I have been taught and I teach my kids also.

Emily1985
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:37 AM

We do keep in mind that withouth Christ there would be no Christmas... and we always have a prayer before meals or opening gifts.

tmsaum
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:25 PM

My children and grandchildren as well has been taught, and they have also been taught never to x out Christ in Christmas

newmama_21007
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Yes it does.  We grew up in church and so are our children.  even though mekynna is still too young to understand, cameron (even at the age of 2) can tell you that christmas is jesus' birthday.

franklynnsmom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:51 AM

I am Baptist and hubby is Christian, so we do the usual Bless me prayer which we did on our first Christmas together...but now with our son we are making it a tradition to do the Christmas Service at our Chiurch We go to church an hour away.......

A truckers wife, mama to Franklynn, friend to all! Love is found in the heart but spread with words and gestures.

momoflgs
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:34 AM

Not as much as I would like... Hopefully I can change that one day. I am Christian and know the real meaning of Christmas and plan to teach my daughter it too. My husband's family used to be strict catholics but have strayed a little, and my family of course is christian, so religion does play a small part.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)