Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a small introduction

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

My name is shawna...Im a mommy of two under two. Ive been a military spouse for 2 yrs and counting..My husband has gone to iraq three times already but i have only gone through one 15mth deployment. my husband and I are currently stationed at ft gordon, ga but i am from killeen/ft hood, tx. I have been a spouse for a lii while now but have been a military brat since i was 8 and grew up with an uncle and grandpa who served. So I know the life on both sides of the fence. I love this life wouldnt trade it, however it breaks my heart to see my husband leave and I hate moving and leaving my new friends behind. I think this group is going to be a great way to get advice on how to cope and just to vent.

♥ Shawna ♥

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Loretta_Momof4
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:31 AM

OMG I miss Fort Gordon so bad.  I really really do.  We just got stationed here at Fort Hood and we had to leave Fort Gordon.  I was there off and on (more on than off) for 8 years.  I have so many friends there I call them my family.

I miss the 35th Signal BDE so bad.  Col. Baker is so Awesome.  The best for FRG support.  And OMG General Foley and Col. Bryant are awesome leaders and really care for the family.

I know this is the biggest post in the world but I dont see the support here that I had at Fort Gordon.

I miss our church there too it is right outside Gate 5 it is Friendship United Methodist Church first time you go you are a visitor second time you are family the most friendly awesome bunch of people.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Loretta

ALWAYS DO MORE THAN IS EXPECTED OF YOU.   --GENERAL PATTON

FAMILIES FIRST--GENERAL FOLEY AND COL. BAKER (FORT GORDON GA)

shawna_4969
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:06 PM

see i am the complete opposite. i miss ft hood so bad. maybe we can switch places..lol. I dont see the support here at ft gordon, as a matter of fact i have not met one person that is in the army here (wives that is) all my friends are civilans. this place is not home so i guess that is why i dont like it. i live at ft hood for 11 yrs i grew up there.i guess it doesnt help that my hubby isnt in a unit really hes an instructor at the nco academy and all the wives there are like 35 and up and they really dont want to associate with a 22 y/o cause they assume all i want to do is party and live that typical young lifestyle. anyways good talking to you hope to hear from you again.

Quoting Loretta_Momof4:

OMG I miss Fort Gordon so bad.  I really really do.  We just got stationed here at Fort Hood and we had to leave Fort Gordon.  I was there off and on (more on than off) for 8 years.  I have so many friends there I call them my family.

I miss the 35th Signal BDE so bad.  Col. Baker is so Awesome.  The best for FRG support.  And OMG General Foley and Col. Bryant are awesome leaders and really care for the family.

I know this is the biggest post in the world but I dont see the support here that I had at Fort Gordon.

I miss our church there too it is right outside Gate 5 it is Friendship United Methodist Church first time you go you are a visitor second time you are family the most friendly awesome bunch of people.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Loretta

♥ Shawna ♥

Loretta_Momof4
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Sorry it took forever to respond so much has happened in such a short time.  Hubby got deployed, computer decided to go down, baby got sick really bad, found out it was the house we were leaving in so the Army had to move us to new housing, van's transmission went out, and i tore ligaments behind my knee so i am finally able to get this laptop and come back on here.

I have heard alot of people say the NCO academy is hard to get involved in.  My suggestion if you havent tried it yet is get into the FRG and also go do other volunteer stuff on post like AFAP and AFTB that is at the building behind the library.  The people there have always been great.  The director i knew there left about the same time I did but I am sure that the people are still very nice.

Also try going to do different things like bingo, bunco and other games.  That is how i got involved.  The more classes you take on post through ACS the more people you meet the more network you have.

I was lucky I had a great network of both civilian and army people there.  I still miss Fort Gordon and would be there in a second if given the choice, still not liking Fort Hood as much because of everything that has happened in last 4 months. 

Anyways hope all is going well I will talk to you later.

Loretta

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)