Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please post a Introduction......

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Please tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks Angie

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
breezy2005
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hello my name is Angie and I live in south Ga. I have 2 grown kids. My oldest daughter Jennifer is 26 years old. My only son Adam will be 22 years old this Feb. Then I have my adopted baby daughter who is 4 years old and she really keeps me busy. I have 4 grandson's and another baby is due in April, God hope it's a girl"......

June 2008 my son Adam came to me and told me he made his mind up and he was going to join the Air Force. I did not want him to but he was a grown man and I knew there was nothing I could do to stop him. So like most mama's I told him I would stand by him if this is what he really wanted to do.

At this time Adam weighted 300 pounds and was 6'2'' so he knew he had to get in shape if that was his dream. Adam stared out walking then jogging, and last running and then riding a bike. With in a years time my son had lost 150 pounds. I knew just how bad he really wanted to join the Air Force and I was so proud of him.

Nov.1,2009 Adam left for BMT. That was the longest 8 1/2 weeks of my life waiting to get to see him again. Adam gave me the biggest hug I have ever gotten in my life when I seen him. 

So please share your stories of your son or daughter with us so we can all get to know another. 

Angie

dkmmm
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I'm Kathy.  I have a 19 year old daughter who joined the AF 2 days before her 18th birthday.  She went to BMT 11-24-08 and is today stationed in VA ( A LONG, LONG ways from home).  She is in the medical field and is trained as a medic.  I'm looking for other moms too who are full of anxiety, worry, fear, and sadness, happiness, hope and pride.  We recently found out she is scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan this summer.  OMG!!! I knew this could happen, she is totally excited, I am full of so many emotions I can't even begin to describe.  I'm trying to breathe, but find it very hard to catch my breath. I completely support her, am honored to be her mother, and full of pride. I am proud beyond words.  I'm also falling apart and full of dread, fear, worry, anxiety and disbelief.  What happened to that adorable baby girl who depended on mommy to be there to fix things, to comfort her, to guide her, to embrace her, to talk to her?  I am going through so many time travels it's not even real.  I try so hard to see her as this strong, beautiful young lady I raised.  I can only see my precious daughter as that beautiful little girl who is the very reason my sun rises, the reason I breathe, the reason I exist.  She has made many mistakes, bad choices, and many other negative things this past year.  I completely understand this is all part of growing up.  I can't be the only one out there who is going through this.  I understand all children who leave home, rather it's to attend college or to venture into adulthood usually leaves a worried mother behind.  I'm trying very hard to find a way to cope.  Thank you for starting this Forum.  We all need support and understanding from other moms.... I'm finding my situation very scary and lonely.  I might add... I'm married to her dad, have 2 other kids (one older, one younger).  My supporting group here at home is not dealing with things the same. They support her and love her, but aren't expressing the same 'FREAKING OUT" stuff as I am.  We are all coping with things differently.. but as a mother, a woman who carried this baby inside her, vowed to protect, comfort and love her always, is a different place than a father or sibling. I am not able to protect her... only able to comfort from a distance.. but love her 24/7.

Be happy to hear what you think and interested if anyone else is experiencing this.  I hope this Forum grows... as I know I can't be alone.

Take Care-

breezy2005
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hi Kathy. I feel all the motions you are right now. I think we are doing our jobs as a mother to all our kids who have grown up and joined the Air Force.

I know there will be a day come I get a call from Adam saying he has to go over to Afghanistan as well and I sure do not want that phone call.

I will say many prayer's for you daughter's safe return home.

Angie

Quoting dkmmm:

I'm Kathy.  I have a 19 year old daughter who joined the AF 2 days before her 18th birthday.  She went to BMT 11-24-08 and is today stationed in VA ( A LONG, LONG ways from home).  She is in the medical field and is trained as a medic.  I'm looking for other moms too who are full of anxiety, worry, fear, and sadness, happiness, hope and pride.  We recently found out she is scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan this summer.  OMG!!! I knew this could happen, she is totally excited, I am full of so many emotions I can't even begin to describe.  I'm trying to breathe, but find it very hard to catch my breath. I completely support her, am honored to be her mother, and full of pride. I am proud beyond words.  I'm also falling apart and full of dread, fear, worry, anxiety and disbelief.  What happened to that adorable baby girl who depended on mommy to be there to fix things, to comfort her, to guide her, to embrace her, to talk to her?  I am going through so many time travels it's not even real.  I try so hard to see her as this strong, beautiful young lady I raised.  I can only see my precious daughter as that beautiful little girl who is the very reason my sun rises, the reason I breathe, the reason I exist.  She has made many mistakes, bad choices, and many other negative things this past year.  I completely understand this is all part of growing up.  I can't be the only one out there who is going through this.  I understand all children who leave home, rather it's to attend college or to venture into adulthood usually leaves a worried mother behind.  I'm trying very hard to find a way to cope.  Thank you for starting this Forum.  We all need support and understanding from other moms.... I'm finding my situation very scary and lonely.  I might add... I'm married to her dad, have 2 other kids (one older, one younger).  My supporting group here at home is not dealing with things the same. They support her and love her, but aren't expressing the same 'FREAKING OUT" stuff as I am.  We are all coping with things differently.. but as a mother, a woman who carried this baby inside her, vowed to protect, comfort and love her always, is a different place than a father or sibling. I am not able to protect her... only able to comfort from a distance.. but love her 24/7.

Be happy to hear what you think and interested if anyone else is experiencing this.  I hope this Forum grows... as I know I can't be alone.

Take Care-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)