Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

up and down ... the rollercoaster stops here!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

Hello ladies.

I started this weekend off with a lot of reflection as to how I felt I was doing. I have not seen weight loss and matter of fact, I have gained (with some loss) a total of 8 pounds since I have started 'trying' to lose weight.

I was brutally honest with myself and also let my buddy in on it, that I have not put as much effort into this as I would like to be. So...I am just letting everyone know that no more excuses, no more over pushing then wimping out the next day, and no more, "i'll start tomorrow attitude"! I have had it with just giving up on this goal.

Food has become a bad habit for me and it is seriously one I do not need. I think it is back to the basics for me and learning everything I can about how my body process food and also look into the diseases caused by my obesity. I am hoping that knowledge will empower me more, because as of late, I feel I have let myself down and this group. Hopefully and positively tho', I will commit better and for shorter time spans. It is terrible that I have such a pattern of self destruction. Ya know, set yourself up to fail. Well, that is what I do. I make my expectations so high, then use whatever I can to not reach them. I do not know why, I only do this with my weight and body image. I think some investigation into the why is a good place to go once I look at the metabolism of all that I put into my body.

Also on another note, YES, I am venting and I feel that I have to stop looking at what I can no longer do or do as good as I used to and look at what I can do. Keep track of my progress not my downfalls and learn, learn, learn from my mistakes!

Okay, all done for now. Let me know your rant for the week or anything really. Just frustrated with myself...but trying to be proactive with it.

Also...hugge THANK YOU, to my buddy, Andrea, she got be thinkin' in a more productive way this weekend and I am grateful!!

GO ladies and keep reaching for your goal!!!!!!!!

Steph coffee

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the

sun is out but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed

only if there is a light within." - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
marci2babies
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM

thank you for sharing.  i always enjoy reading your posts because you are very honest and open. 

TiggerLilly1001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quoting marci2babies:

thank you for sharing.  i always enjoy reading your posts because you are very honest and open. 

You are doing your best. It is not easy. With help you can do it.
Nikki270
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Keep it up momma you can do it!

kasadiesmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I feel that exact same way. You put it better words. Keep it up you will get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)