Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW MANY?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

How many of the books you that you read in 2009 were recommendations, either from someone in this group or in another group?  What were some of the books that were recommendations?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bocamom62
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I would have to say that 50% or more of what I read last year were due to recommendations.  I still would have read a lot-maybe not 282-but recommendations helped a lot.  The Twilight saga, the Young Brothers quartet and the Nicholas Sparks books are just some of the recommended books that I read.

pixiesand
by Owner on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Well, 2009 was when I started really reading again since I had my first son 16 years ago. The only books I read in between were Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Twilight books. So... (counting) ...17 books in 15 years, not so good.

My point is, I think most of the 58 books I read last year were recommended because I have been so out of reading that I had know idea what was out there to read.

My favorite recommendations were firsts in series that kept me reading:
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

I also liked Summerhouse by Jude Devereaux.

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I would say I that about 40% of the ones I read were recommended on here, by family members, or by the librarians. 

GirlsDropEm2
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I would say about 80% of the books I read are recommended.  I'm not good at picking out books that I will like lol so I try not to wander around the book store trying to find a book...i'll end up with something I probably won't enjoy.

crystees_mom
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 5:32 PM

You're kidding right? LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)