Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

Please introduce yourself to the group.  Even if you have been here a while, just say a few words about yourself.   We have some new members that we should get to know. 

Thanks,

Crystal

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 9 Amber, 3

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM

My name is Crystal.  I am 27 years old and a sahm of a 9 yr old boy, Austin, and a 4 year old girl, Amber.  I have been married to my best friend for almost 9 years.  I run the Neighborhood watch in my town.  My passion is reading and cooking.  I like to read romance, suspense, horror, true crime, cozies, fantasy, medical thrillers, but my favorite is mystery.  I will pretty much read anything that is not historical or has aliens in it.  I visit the library about 3 days a week.  I have a slight case of OCD when it comes to books.  I buy them even if I have no intention on reading them or I have read them before.  I can't walk past a new release shelf and leave it empty handed.  Last count, I owned over 400 books.  My name is Crystal and I am a Bookaholic.  lol

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 9 Amber, 3

pixiesand
by Owner on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Hi, I'm Sandy. I'm 34 years old and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 15 years. We have 3 sons ages 17, 14 and 2. (That's not a typo. LOL)

I love to read cozy mysteries, fantasies, paranormal, ya, and some sci-fi. I LOVE retold fairy tales. But, I will probably read any fiction.

My other love, besides reading, is quilting. I work part-time at a quilt shop. (That will be in Quilt Sampler magazine this fall! YAY!) I love it there! And I get to listen to audiobooks while I work.

Brandeigh
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM

My name is Brandy. I am 25 and a SAHM of 2 boys3.5 and 2 months old.  I have been married for 6 years.  I love to read but I dont do it often enough.  I also have not read very many books so I am not even sure what kind of books I like best.  Although I do like romance and tearjerkers.  I am terrible at starting a book and not finishing it unless its one I cant put down and can read it in a day!  I also get stressed out when I go to the bookstore not knowing which book I want to buy because I then see like 10 that I want and cant decide which one to buy so then I dont get any!!  So if anyone has a good book suggestion I would love to hear it!

KittyGram
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Hi, I'm Becky.  I live in a far-west suburb of Chicago, I'm 47 years old, divorced for many years.  Mom to one grown up daughter, and "Kitty Gramma" to my 3 gorgeous, sweet grandchildren!!!  I live w/ my two old lady kitties, Smokey, 16, and Chloe, 15.  I work at a small sheet metal fabricating shop.  I'm the bookkeeper and benefits manager, and I've been there for almost 21 years now.  

I do love to read, but have only recently started up again.  About 12 years ago, I just kind of quit reading, I guess I just wasn't enjoying it very much anymore.  I've only read a couple of books start to finish over the past couple years, and started a few others that I just couldn't finish, but I'm determined to fall in love with it again.  Once upon a time I would read till 2 or 3 in the morning, just to get up at 6 to go to work!  I don't necessarily want to be that extreme, but I want to love to read again.  I just finished Janet Evanovich's One for the Money, and I previously was about 1/2 way thru Stephen King's Duma Key (which I WILL go back to - it's a really good book, but a little heavy reading - I think I need lighter books right now!!).  

My bigger passions are cooking (although I really don't do much anymore, now that it's only me) and quilting.  I could spend hours at my sewing machine, and have been known to!!!   

butterflyamiga
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Hi I am a 35 year old mom to 4, Raquel 11, Jennifer 6, Juan 4 almost 5, and Vanesa 2. I used to be sahm but went back to school this past January and this week will be my last week of school. I like reading romance novels mostly, once in while VC Andrews or Sidney Sheldon. I hope to read about 50 or 60 more books for this year we will see. :)
Jillysmom
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Hi I'm Adele and I'm married (at the moment) with 3 children. I have a 25 yr old daughter Tara,a 22 yr old son Anthony and a (soon to be) 11 yr old brat, my daughter Jillian. I also have the light of my life,my 6 month old grandson Jaeden. I drive a school bus for a living and most days love it. I have a weird habit of reading a few books at a time and I am almost never without one. I keep one in my car,one in my bus, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom,lol. I read mostly anything but not much into love stories.My favorites are Dean Knootz,James Patterson & Janet Evanovich.

Leanne1205
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Hi everyone!!  I am Leanne and I am a bookaholic!!  I love to read, but I just don't have as much time to do it as I would like.  I have been married for 3 years but we have been together for 13 years.  I have a 10 year old son and an 8 year old daughter.  I work full time outside of the home and I am a full time college student.  I will be graduating in March of 2011.  I cannot wait to be done because then I can read more!!

My favorite genres are the classics, horror, and mystery, but I will read just about anything I can get my hands on!  I am currently reading Open by Andre Agassi.  My favorite author is Stephan King.

I own several hundred books, I just have never taken the time to count them.  I have them all over the house.  I also bought a nook this year and have over 100 books on it already.

musiciancdt
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Hello all!  I'm Christy and new to this group.  I'm a SAHM of two beautiful boys, 4yrs old and 20 months.  I've had a reading "problem" my entire life and always have at least one book going at a time, usually two or three.  :)  I read lots of historical fiction, but will read just about anything. 

My all-time favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, I've probably read it every year or so since high school. 

Well, I look forward to talking books with you ladies and adding to my to-be-read pile!! :)

megandrosesmom
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hello my name is Erin. I live in Providence RI with my Husband of 14 years and our daughters 11 and almost 9. I am a big fan of the mystery/suspense genre, as well as the romantic suspense genre. Some of my favorite authors are Stella Cameron, Carla Neggers,Heather Graham, and many more!!

I also have my own group for fans of Mysteries and suspense! The link is http://www.cafemom.com/group/111059  I've only just strted it so I am the only member but I hope you can help spread the word!! I look forward to getting to know you all and maybe get some new ides of authors to read!!

HushDarling
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I am a "newbie" as they say -- I just joined the group the other day as I was invited by a lovely person named Pixie.  I'm 37, the oldest college freshman known to man (just started school up after almost 20 years on June 1st), I am single and no, I do not have any children yet (sadly enough -- the MAIN reason I joined CafeMom -- incase you were wondering -- is because I'm just in the beginning phases of the adoption process and was hoping to meet similar people going through the same thing).  

One of my main passions is reading.  The other two, well three, are writing (I write mainly horror novels although I do sometimes stray away from that genre), movies (HUGE movie buff -- again, favorite genre is horror but I will literally watch almost anything) and my puppy (although she is soon to be 12, so not much of a puppy anymore!).  I guess I could count FINALLY getting my education to be a new passion as well.  Anyway, back to reading -- I love to read and will pretty much read anything you place in my hands.  I do enjoy horror but I honestly can't state that is my favorite genre in novels anymore.  Yes, back when I was a teenager that was all I would read, but now -- I truly do not have a favorite genre when it comes to reading.  I do enjoy true crime, sci-fi, fantasy, and am on a post apocalyptic kick at the moment (Which is rather depressing and I should get out of soon!  Ha!).  The only type of novel I do tend to stray away from are over the top romance.  I personally do not believe in true love...perhaps because I'm a bitter old single woman and your romance novels are the same thing basically, just recycled, over and over.  But this is just my opinion!  I haven't been reading much this past year...so my reading goal is going to be rather low thanks to a battle with cancer that started in December (I won!) and college that started in June.  I have three weeks off and trust me, I've been diving into my "to read" pile!  

So that is me -- if you need to know anymore...ask away.  I'm pretty much an open book.  Just don't dislike me because my book goal for this year is so little -- I'm trying to relearn how to study (I actually don't think I ever knew how to study properly) so my main focus is on that.  If I beat my goal for reading -- I shall be REALLY excited and pleased!

Melissa

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world. -- John Keating "Dead Poets Society"

writing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN