Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please introduce yourself to the group.  Even if you have been here a while, just say a few words about yourself.   We have some new members that we should get to know. 

Thanks,

Crystal

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 9 Amber, 3

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Replies (11-15):
ButterflyCager
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Hi, everyone.  My name is Jules, and I'm a 40-year-old SAHM with two girls (Elizabeth is 4 and Vivian is 2).  I've been married to my college sweetheart Tim since 1992, and we live in Frankfort, KY.  Those of you who know me from other CM groups know that I read a lot.  My favorite genres are urban fantasy, cozy mystery, and novelty reference, with a few literary mysteries thrown into the mix.  I'm so glad that I belong to book groups on CM - most of my other friends either aren't big readers or they like completely different kinds of books than I do. 

Amithyst
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I'm Andrea, 26 years old & I am a BOOKAHOLIC, certifiable lol. I have two kids & a full time job, & I wish I had time to read all day long, but unfortunately, I'm not that lucky. I will read anything though...quite literally, ANYTHING.

Nindy
by Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Hi- my name is Melinda. I'm 35YO and work full time as a medical assistant going between a small medical office and a physical therapy office. I'm the mom of a 9YO boy and a 5YO girl. I've always been a bookworm and I absolutely love Stephen King. My dad and I exchange books a lot. Right now I'm reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. One of our patients had suggested these and thought I would really like them and she was right. Right now I'm reading about 3 books/week and have a huge stack of books I've bought or borrowed to read. The range from romance to science fiction to mystery. I'm not really that picky. I just have to have my nose in a book.

mamita29
by Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:00 AM

How funny...my name is Melinda too! Don't find alot of people with my same name!

Anyway, I'm 32yrs old and a sahm of 2 kids...13yr old daughter and 7yr old son.  I love reading but haven't been doing it as much as I use to b/c have been busier with other things. I like to read suspense, thrillers, dramatic stories, chick lit., poetry, but my favorite is romances. The steamy ones,lol! It's a nice escape for me b/c it's not heavy stuff and when I feel stressed out from daily life, reading a hot romance is my personal, guilty pleasure...although I don't feel guilty about it! I love love stories and hot sex and proud of it,lol!!

Quoting Nindy:

Hi- my name is Melinda. I'm 35YO and work full time as a medical assistant going between a small medical office and a physical therapy office. I'm the mom of a 9YO boy and a 5YO girl. I've always been a bookworm and I absolutely love Stephen King. My dad and I exchange books a lot. Right now I'm reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. One of our patients had suggested these and thought I would really like them and she was right. Right now I'm reading about 3 books/week and have a huge stack of books I've bought or borrowed to read. The range from romance to science fiction to mystery. I'm not really that picky. I just have to have my nose in a book.

Melindasmile

JanuaryBaby06
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM

My name is Caitlin. I am 25 years old and the proud mama of 2 boys; an almost 7 yr old, William, and a 2 year old, Daniel. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years (together for 9). My passion is for reading and fitness. One of my favorite things to do is long distance runnning. Genres that I Love include Fiction, Non-Fiction, Autobiographies & Biographies. I like to read literary classics. I enjoy books on Relgion & Dysatopian and Utopian concepts, as well as books that use allegory. But my favorite is books that use political roman à clef format. I am very picky about what i will read but mainly judge it off out it is written and not so much what it is written about. I visit the library about twice a week but I normally have to order the books I want in.

I have always loved reading but what really got me hooked was when i was in about 3rd grade and read Number the Stars by Lois Lowry for the very 1st time & this was also the same year that i first learned and read about Pompeii & the Titanic.... that was also when I discovered my love of History;  Before that I read little sister babysitters club and goosebumps.And Pinballs I spent a whole year getting Pinballs from the Library every day-lol. I believe my love of reading came from my school Librarian who has since passed (RIP SIster Sally Dally).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)