Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not done reading it yet, but....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

.... I just had to share!

I'm currently reading The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold.  I didn't have any interest in watching the movie, didn't even know there was a book, until about 3 months ago, when my neighbor moved and gave me a huge box of books (mostly Readers Digest condensed books).  In the box was The Lovely Bones, so I decided, what the hey, I'll read it.  I started it over this past weekend, and I'm about 1/3 of the way thru it (I'm a very slow reader with very little time to devote to it, so that is saying a lot!).  What a great story!  She's an incredible writer, the story is fantastic!  

Now I'm looking forward to watching the movie.  I hope I'm not disappointed by it.  So many great books don't fare well on the big screen.   

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM

That was a very powerful book.  I didn't read it until I saw the movie trailer either.  

Joyfilledspirit
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I read it when it first came out. I loved it!!! The movie is great too! Although since I read the book so long before I watched the movie take that with a grain of salt.

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Iread a while ago and then again after I seen the movie.  it is definitely a tearjerker.  IMO, the book is better than the movie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)