Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What books are you currently reading? What books do you plan on reading?

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (11-19):
TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Oh I'm so mad!  That book was the first in a series, which I didn't know until the last page, and the next book isn't even out yet!  That is so frustrating!

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We just studied Robert the Bruce and the highlands.  I may have to read that one :).

Quoting matheson7:

I am reading a book about Eva Braun, I am also reading a series by Monica McCartney about Highland guards for Robert The Bruce.

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This one?

The Chief (Highland Guard #1)

by
4.12 of 5 stars4.12 · rating details · 1,546 ratings · 139 reviews
AN ELITE FIGHTING FORCE UNLIKE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN . . .

Scouring the darkest corners of the Highlands and Western Isles, Robert the Bruce handpicks ten warriors to help him in his quest to free Scotland from English rule. They are the best of the best, chosen for their superior skills in each discipline of warfare. And to lead his secret Highland Guard, Bruce chooses...more

Scouring the darkest corners of the Highlands and Western Isles, Robert the Bruce handpicks ten warriors to help him in his quest to free Scotland from English rule. They are the best of the best, chosen for their superior skills in each discipline of warfare. And to lead his secret Highland Guard, Bruce chooses the greatest warrior of all.

The ultimate Highland warlord and a swordsman without equal, Tor MacLeod has no intention of being drawn into Scotland’s war against the English. Dedicated to his clan, the fiercely independent chief answers to no one—especially not to his alluring new bride, bartered to him in a bid to secure his command of the deadliest fighting force the world has ever seen. The treacherous chit who made her way to Tor’s bed may have won his hand, but she will never claim his heart.

Although her husband’s reputation is as fierce as his manner, Christina Fraser believes that something softer hides beneath his brutal shell. But the only warmth she feels is in their bed, in glorious moments of white-hot desire that disappear with the dawn. When Christina’s reckless bid to win her husband’s love goes awry and thrusts them into danger on the eve of war, Tor will face his ultimate battle: to save his wife and to open his heart—before it’s too late.(less)
matheson7
by Group Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes this is it. I love fiction based on true.

Quoting TigerofMu:

This one?

by

Scouring the darkest corners of the Highlands and Western Isles, Robert the Bruce handpicks ten warriors to help him in his quest to free Scotland from English rule. They are the best of the best, chosen for their superior skills in each discipline of warfare. And to lead his secret Highland Guard, Bruce chooses...more

Scouring the darkest corners of the Highlands and Western Isles, Robert the Bruce handpicks ten warriors to help him in his quest to free Scotland from English rule. They are the best of the best, chosen for their superior skills in each discipline of warfare. And to lead his secret Highland Guard, Bruce chooses the greatest warrior of all.

The ultimate Highland warlord and a swordsman without equal, Tor MacLeod has no intention of being drawn into Scotland’s war against the English. Dedicated to his clan, the fiercely independent chief answers to no one—especially not to his alluring new bride, bartered to him in a bid to secure his command of the deadliest fighting force the world has ever seen. The treacherous chit who made her way to Tor’s bed may have won his hand, but she will never claim his heart.

Although her husband’s reputation is as fierce as his manner, Christina Fraser believes that something softer hides beneath his brutal shell. But the only warmth she feels is in their bed, in glorious moments of white-hot desire that disappear with the dawn. When Christina’s reckless bid to win her husband’s love goes awry and thrusts them into danger on the eve of war, Tor will face his ultimate battle: to save his wife and to open his heart—before it’s too late.(less)

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I'll have to check that out! :)

Quoting matheson7:

Yes this is it. I love fiction based on true.

Quoting TigerofMu:

This one?

by

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on May. 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Gonna be starting The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks, never read anything by him before, but I do love the movies.

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on May. 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I've loved his books so much.  The movies have been good too, but different. 

Quoting joy2beamommy107:

Gonna be starting The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks, never read anything by him before, but I do love the movies.

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on May. 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I put it (The Lucky One) on hold at the library and am waiting on it.  I have a small stack that I need to get through before I can bring home the latest Sue Grafton, and 3 more people have given me books they thought I would like :).

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on May. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I am now reading 11th hour by James Patterson.  So far its good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)