Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Challenge Wind Up

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

There are only about 10 more weeks left in the year. How are you doing on your challenges? Does it look like you will be able to finish them?

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixiesand
by Owner on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I just finished my goal of 75 books. I'm going to try to push it and see if I can finally get to 100.

My Kids' name challenge is almost done:
RANDLE ROBERT SEBASTIAN 

My series challenge isn't going so well:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

I don't know if I'm ever going to finish the alphabet challenges (I've been trying for years).

TITLE: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

AUTHOR: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I finished my 100 books a bit ago, but I forgot all about the others...I will have to look at my reading list...the going back and forth to check them off gets me!

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Yesterday:  108.  A Killer Read by Erika Chase

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I never realized how many of the same letters are repeated through my kids' and granddaughter's names!

Before going through the rest of my list, I am missing: R, N, R, E, E, U, E, U, R, E, Y, I, I, E, R, N, and U.

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Still in need of 2 N's, 2 E's, 3 U's, and a Y.  Don't know about the U's especially.  I'll have to check my stack of holds!

TigerofMu
    by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Now the states one is hard, because I forgot to keep track while I was reading and I don't remember all the details about all the books!

TigerofMu
    by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I still need Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Norh Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.  I went back through my goodreads and tracked all I could, but without rereading the books (most of which are library books), I can't always get the setting, so that's where I am...

Trixie1313
    by New Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

... I'm having to wait to start with the challenge you post for next year since I entered this group this month :( can't wait to see what it is!!

joy2beamommy107
    by Co-Owner on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It has been so long since I have been on cafemom.  I have been overwhelmed with football, cheer, pta, neighborhood watch, work, and my aunt's recent diagnosis of breast cancer, that I have only read 4 books in the last month or so.  There is no way I will make any of my challenges this year.  I had to change my goal of 75 to 65 and that one I may reach.  All the others are not even 75% done anf I have les than 2 months.  Not gonna happen. 

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN