Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Challenge Ideas!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

Ladies as you have probably already saw, some of us have already started posting our new challenges/goals for 2013.  Here are some suggestions of challenges you may want to do or you can come up with your own.  Please reply if you would like to add ideas.  Please put your posts in the Challenges 2013 FORUM.

A-Z Challenges - you can do author, title, etc

50 States Challenge - read a book that is set in each of the 50 states.  Note:  Some books have more than one setting and each setting counts.  ( up to 3 states per book is what we usually do)

Name Challenge - You name, spouse, kids, pets, etc pick the name or names and read one book for every letter in the name

Series Challenge - Pick one or more series that you would like to stat or finish by the end of the year and read every book in the series

Page Count Challenge - Set a # of pages you would like to read in 2013.  (For instance I read 60 average size books and it ended up be slightly over 20,000 pages last year, just to give an idea.

New Author challenge - Set a goal on how many new authors you will read in 2013

Around the world Challenge - Read a set amount of books that are set outside of the US

Author challenge - Read every book an author has written

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 12 Amber, 6

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pixiesand
by Owner on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm trying to finish books that I started last year. Also I need to read some of the hundreds of books on my shelves and on my Nook. 

I'm trying to minimize my book purchases since I seem to buy more than I read. LOL

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You and me both Sandy.  Now that I got my kindle, I am buying free books left and right.  lol

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Me too!  I have a ton of downloads on my Kindle and seem to always be picking up more, because they say FREE.  And everytime I sort them into some semblence of order it resets itself and I have a big, long list again.

I'm just doing the book log this year.  I have a hard time remembering to go update my various challenges, and I would rather just read.  My stack of 40 ish at the library is down to 7!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)