Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatcha readin' now?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 593 Total Views

Just wondering what everyone is reading right now?  Feel free to keep updating when you start a new book?

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 12 Amber, 6

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I am halfway through The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell.  It seems to be better than her last few books. 

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

42% finished with Carbs & Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1)

pixiesand
by Owner on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am perpetually in the middle of the same 9 books that I vow to finish this year!

Bash picked out a new nighttime chapter book - The Name of This Book Is Secret.

The other night I was staring at my book shelf for over half an hour and I could not find a book to suit my mood. I started a few just to put them back on the shelf. I finally found a great one on my Nook.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade. It's so fun!

The Ghost and the Goth

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I am now reading Aprodite's Kiss by Julie Kenner on kindle and Shiver by KAren Robards actual book. 

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I think I've had some of the same books on my to read list for a very long time!

Quoting pixiesand:

I am perpetually in the middle of the same 9 books that I vow to finish this year!

Bash picked out a new nighttime chapter book - The Name of This Book Is Secret.

The other night I was staring at my book shelf for over half an hour and I could not find a book to suit my mood. I started a few just to put them back on the shelf. I finally found a great one on my Nook.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade. It's so fun!

The Ghost and the Goth

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

The girls and I are about to finish Amos Fortune, Free Man, and 39 Clues, Maze of Bones, though I've already read that one.  I'm almost finished reading the second in the series that I posted here last time...it's called Fit to Die by J.B. Stanley. I've read a few since I finished Carbs and Cadavers.

One Bad Apple (Orchard Mystery, #1)Evans AboveThe Inn at Rose Harbor (Rose Harbor #1)Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)A Summer in SonomaHell Is Empty (Walt Longmire, #7)A Timely VisionA Crafty Killing (A Victoria Square Mystery #1)

pixiesand
by Owner on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the second in the Enchanted, Inc. series. I am loving it!

Once Upon Stilettos (Enchanted, Inc., #2)

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I think I may have to read these!

Quoting pixiesand:

This is the second in the Enchanted, Inc. series. I am loving it!

Once Upon Stilettos (Enchanted, Inc., #2)

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Just finished
Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)

Currently Reading

Fatal Fixer-Upper (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #1)

(actually haven't started it yet, it's in my bag for tomorrow.

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Almost done with ....

Shiver

When she swore off love, he was the last man she imagined would steal her heart.

If driving a piece-of-crap tow truck through the seediest part of town with a Smith & Wesson beside her means putting a roof over her son’s head, then Samantha Jones is going to be the best damn repo woman on the books. The streetwalkers, the drug pushers, the bands of looking-for-trouble punks haunting the mean streets at midnight don’t intimidate her. These are her people. The guy she finds bound and bloodied in the trunk of her latest conquest, a flashy new BMW, is a different breed entirely.

Daniel Panterro was certain he was going to die. Instead, by a stroke of luck, he was beaten to within an inch of his life and left for dead. But if he’s having a bad day, Sam’s day is about to get way worse. Danny knows he hasn’t seen the last of the vicious drug runners who kidnapped him from protective custody. His only recourse is to take his pretty savior hostage and force her to help him. There’s no going back for Sam and her four-yearold son, Tyler. They’re in way too deep.

Aphrodite's Kiss (Protectors (Superhero Series))

Zoe Smith might look like your average, ordinary elementary school librarian, but she’s about as far from normal as a girl can get. Because Zoe is descended from a line of superheroes … and as her twenty-fifth birthday approaches, she has to decide if she’s going to embrace her heritage (including all the wackiness that comes with X-ray vision and her extraordinary senses) or submit herself for mortalization and be that average, ordinary girl. Considering how lousy she’s done so far on all the Council-imposed tests, chucking the whole superhero thing might be very best thing … especially when she realizes that sexy, private investigator George Bailey Taylor is more than a little interested in her—and he’s more than a little convinced that Zoe is one-hundred percent “the girl next-door”.

An ex-cop turned PI, George Bailey Taylor’s had one hell of a life being bounced around from foster home to foster home. All he wants now is a normal life with a normal wife in a normal neighborhood. The typical American dream—and when he meets Zoe Smith, he’s certain she’s the typical American girl. Except she does have an overprotective brother who seems able to appear and disappear at will. And a creepy cousin who’s always lurking about. And why does everyone in her family pretend to actually talk to the pet ferret?

With her super powers, Zoe can do just about anything … except make Taylor fall in love with her.

For that, they’re both going to need a different kind of magic …

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)