Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best book???

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

If someone tells you that a certain book was one of the best books they ever read. Does it make you want to get it asap? Does it matter who it is that tells you?

I am only asking because I rarely pay for books and my sis-in-law told me about a book and said it was the best book she has read in a really long time. I had to have it, eventhough it was $3.99 on kindle, I bought it right away. We have similar taste in reading material. I still haven't read it and have about 5 books ahead of it, but I feel better that it is on my kindle when I want it.

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 12 Amber, 6

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

In case anyone was wondering what book it is.....The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Any of you ladies read it?

Wife to Keith & Mom to Austin, 12 Amber, 6

Loves2read24
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM

No I haven't read it.

TigerofMu
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It does make me interested, especially if I know that we have similar tastes.  If it is someone who I know is not interested in the same things as I am, then I don't get near as excited, though I may read thecover and decide to pick it up at the library.

joy2beamommy107
by Co-Owner on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

OMG!  I totally agree with my sis-in-law.  The book hooked me from the very biginning and I didn't get up until I was done.  It is now the best book I have read this, that is only 11 books, but I have a feeling it will stay in the top 5 for a while.  here is the summary.

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart. Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she's ever known, far behind. With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love. But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she'd do. He shows her what it's really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew's dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

(Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ - Adult Contemporary Women's - New Adult Fiction)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN