Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

visual feild test

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

i went to the opthamologist yesterday and had my visual feild test and the dr looked at my eyes and checked the pressure in them.  he said everything looked great and no blind spots. he also said my vision was exellent( with my glasses of course).lol.he said that my neurologist must have caught it early enough to prevent damage and the meds must be doing the job. i told him i still having problems but nothing like before. i was just happy and relieved to not have to worry about that for now anyway.i dont have to go back for 6 months now.woohoo! 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hollinicole
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Thats Great news!!! I have a huge blind spot from mine, I also went all the way blind from it so am just happy to see. and way to go to make the 6 month mark lol I know how happy I was when I got told that lol, I just got to 6 months after 2 years, was going every week for a long time.

missynee
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Glad to hear your good news!! That is SOOOO wonderful!  I had my opthamologist appt. on the 18th, and well I got some less then desirable news!  He said that my optic nerve in my left eye is swollen and pale, and that I show some signs of intracranial pressure behind the left eye-as there is little to no pulsating in that eye-however my right eye is unaffected for both!  I also have a HUGE blind spot in my left eye, the entire lower left 1/4 and a little of the upper left 1/4....he said to the tune of about 1/3 of my vision field!  WOW!  I felt so stupid, for almost not even noticing that I had this blind spot!  I knew things were funny....double vision, blurry vision, fading out of vision when I go from like sitting/laying to standing.  Anyway.....he did not mention a word about IH, he all but flat out dismissed the thought when I mentioned IH and said that he really doesn't know if the eye stuff is even causing the headache stuff!  He said since I have a neuro appt on the 20th that he would be in contact with my neurologist, and recommend another MRI with focus on the optic nerve.  I suppose this is a start.......I still find myself frustrated with getting no "answers".....I feel like I am silently going CRAZY!!!  Sorry to vent!  All in all, I guess bad news of a blind spot is better then no news at all! 

Again, I am so glad to hear that you got some wonderful news!!! WOO HOO!!

hollinicole
by Member on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Quoting missynee:

Glad to hear your good news!! That is SOOOO wonderful!  I had my opthamologist appt. on the 18th, and well I got some less then desirable news!  He said that my optic nerve in my left eye is swollen and pale, and that I show some signs of intracranial pressure behind the left eye-as there is little to no pulsating in that eye-however my right eye is unaffected for both!  I also have a HUGE blind spot in my left eye, the entire lower left 1/4 and a little of the upper left 1/4....he said to the tune of about 1/3 of my vision field!  WOW!  I felt so stupid, for almost not even noticing that I had this blind spot!  I knew things were funny....double vision, blurry vision, fading out of vision when I go from like sitting/laying to standing.  Anyway.....he did not mention a word about IH, he all but flat out dismissed the thought when I mentioned IH and said that he really doesn't know if the eye stuff is even causing the headache stuff!  He said since I have a neuro appt on the 20th that he would be in contact with my neurologist, and recommend another MRI with focus on the optic nerve.  I suppose this is a start.......I still find myself frustrated with getting no "answers".....I feel like I am silently going CRAZY!!!  Sorry to vent!  All in all, I guess bad news of a blind spot is better then no news at all! 

Again, I am so glad to hear that you got some wonderful news!!! WOO HOO!!

Everything you just said is just like me same eye and all. I have to say find new doctors that know more about this if not you could go all the way blind like I did for a month.

amandasisgirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I am going next week...I am hoping for good news ...like you got! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)