Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an opinion post...we are all entitled to an opinion so no fighting on this one!!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

Do you consider ALL breed of dogs aggressive or just certain ones?

IMO...i see they all are. ANY dog can be aggressive whether it be a small chihuahua or pekenese or a large breed pits, rotties or huskies. But all you hear about in the news is wat a PIT did or some other LARGE breed, never wat the small breeds can and have done. The whole thing comes down to this...a dog acts from the way its raised, bred, and the breed LINE. Its ben proven more than once if a dog comes from a female dog that was a fighter or even aggresive some way, it CAN not all the time have offsprings that are aggressive. Not saying it can't be raised and changed since it is a puppy. I mean you can stop a baby from biting and you can stop a puppy from biting. But also if your abusive to an animal ANY animal yes they will turn out to be aggressive eventually for they are tired of being beat and hit....sorry this is JMO and we all have one.

So what do you think??? Are all breeds aggressive or just certain ones????

NO BASHING OR FIGHTING N THIS POST. IF THAT HAPPENS I WILL LOCK THE POST TO REPLIES. LETS ALL BE ADULTS IN THIS AND ALLOW OTHERS TO SAY THERE OPINION. THANKS

by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
karebear092579
by Fun Size Ho on Mar. 2, 2010 at 8:50 AM

in my experince chows are great when they are puppy's but when they get older they have a tendency of turning but they are very protective over children..... dalmations are another on that i dont think are really great for children cause of there temperment with them when they get older.... now this doesnt mean that if someone has on of these 2 dogs that someone is going to have these problems its just a stat..... but if the dog is for a family labs are great boxers are great rotties are great... pretty much any dog gotten from a puppy will be great to raise with a child......some dogs if its for a child will get really attached to the child and protect the child like its his own so that can make disapine a little tough...just all depends on what u are looking for.... small dogs i love yorkies and some day i hope to have one but with children i have always voted to get a bigger dog cause with small dogs if the child plays too rough with the dog it can kill the dog for me and my kids big dogs are much better for my kids to play and rough house with

baby dust

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Quoting StinkysMommy:

NO BASHING OR FIGHTING N THIS POST. IF THAT HAPPENS I WILL LOCK THE POST TO REPLIES. LETS ALL BE ADULTS IN THIS AND ALLOW OTHERS TO SAY THERE OPINION. THANKS

OH THIS JUST SUCKS DONKEY BALLS UP THE FUCKING ASS! I mean what if some idiot posts some stupid fucking shit??? I cannot call them an ignorant dumb ass??? WTF???? this rule fucking sucks.

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Quoting StinkysMommy:

Do you consider ALL breed of dogs aggressive or just certain ones?

All animals of all kinds domestic or not are prone to have some aggression. Even felines. So yes all breeds can have aggressive problems.

IMO...i see they all are. ANY dog can be aggressive whether it be a small chihuahua or pekenese or a large breed pits, rotties or huskies. But all you hear about in the news is wat a PIT did or some other LARGE breed, never wat the small breeds can and have done.

I think the reason why the bigger dogs get all the attention is because they tend to supposedly do the most damage... I do agree the small yapper breeds are much more aggressive verses the larger breeds in NUMBERS means I know more smaller dogs that are not as friendly less larger dogs as aggressive as the smaller. It is the smaller dogs I hear of more that bite people on the ankles and what not verses larger dogs. I think it's bias to think that a smaller dog is less dangerous than a larger dog I mean if you got a small child, even a cat can be prone to be dangerous to a child no less than a small yapper that nips when its in a pissy mood.

The whole thing comes down to this...a dog acts from the way its raised, bred, and the breed LINE.

This is only part of it... It also depends on the breeder and their temperment and how they raise or train the dogs they breed. Often times we are finding that breeders breed for money, and pay less attention to spending time working, training, and focusing on temperment of the dogs they breed and raise... There are a few good breeders out there, not as many as there should be.

Its ben proven more than once if a dog comes from a female dog that was a fighter or even aggresive some way, it CAN not all the time have offsprings that are aggressive.

Yes, and it's the dog fault, its the people breeding them.

Not saying it can't be raised and changed since it is a puppy. I mean you can stop a baby from biting and you can stop a puppy from biting. But also if your abusive to an animal ANY animal yes they will turn out to be aggressive eventually for they are tired of being beat and hit....sorry this is JMO and we all have one.

I dont think that beating dogs to submission or aggression is all of the problems with dogs. Dogs get aggressive for many differen reasons... Some people abondon their dogs and can make them aggressive. Some people actually TRAIN their dogs to be aggressive. Some dogs are just born with less tolerant and tend to be more aggressive.

So what do you think??? Are all breeds aggressive or just certain ones????

I bought a husky once my first came from a breeder that does Yellowstone Dog trekking and he is very into these dogs means, he only gives out females or extras and keeps a few to keep his trekking with young healthy dogs. He is picky who takes in these dogs and makes sure they have full understanding the responsibility that comes with taking in a siberian husky, we had to hear their past, where they come from, what they need, what we should expect, along with calling him if we have issues on behaviors and what not on the dogs... He ends it with saying are you sure your up for having a siberian? We said yes... Adopted Nala the first and come to find out this dog was aggressive had some very aggressive behavior problems. It was a puppy too and was mean as hell wouldnt let you touch it, bites if you go near it... We took it to a trainer and she concluded that it wasn't the breed or the breeder that the dog was probably not born RIGHT.... Just like sometimes HUMANS are born with mental illness and what not. Unfortunately there was an accident with the dog (do not want to discuss it) I just felt terrible told the breeder about it he was understanding and we adopted yet another dog... Simba... Well this dog was the runt and he was not wanting to give this dog away and stated he noticed some behavior with this dog, I willingly took the dog in. Come to find out he had a heart murmur but the sweetest dog on EARTH. We agreed to take care of the pup until it died which btw he lived 10 years before his poor heart gave out. We then adopted another husky 6 months later same breeder Kiara... She was all husky! Well behaved dog and was a great addition and experience of having a husky... She too has passed away from cancer.... Now we have Mya our fourth husky... Ugh again good dog friendly but all husky but has some nasty behavior problems and nothing like the others we had either.... ugh... naughty dog. But temperment wise she is good, friendly loves being with family.... Gets a bit upset if a stranger enters our yard but has not see aggression.

So considering we got all our dogs from the same breeder each one was different not one of them were the same. Simba stood out like a sore thumb the dog was just so gay and so friendly that everyone loved him most the dog was overly affectionate. I think every dog is like humans, some are born with blooming personalities, others are born on the edge, some are born to think life is just all fun (current dog) and so forth, Kiara was born in a husky frame of mind loved to pull and loved working.

I respect all dogs and all breeds however there are certain breeds I would never take in for the sake they just are not my kind of dog personality wise.

Short_N_Sassy
by Short Ho on Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:51 PM

It doesn't matter what the breed the dog is, how big or how small.  ANY dog can be just as aggressive as the next.  They are somewhat like people.  Some people are idiotic assholes and some are just as sweet as can be.  UNTIL YOU PUSH THE WRONG BUTTONS!!!!

bambers481
by New Member on May. 22, 2011 at 10:04 PM

depends on some breeds and then again how the dog is raised. I have seen pit bulls who don't like certain people and i have seen pitbulls who act like puppies. What would you perfer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)