Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD wont eat table foods...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

Hi everyone. i need some advice. I have a 16 month old daughter who will eat very few table foods. so basically her diet consist of waffles, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and pizza. Thats all i can get her to eat. Ive tried chicken, spaghetti and everything I cook for the rest of us I offer to her but its a no go. I need help. But i refuse to do the letting her starve because she cries and i feel horrible. we tried it for 3 days and she ate breakfast and lunch but not dinner so they said let her starve and she will eventually eat what you give her, nope didnt happen she just wouldnt eat. I know shes not full off of liquids since she doesnt get the liquids till she is done with her meals. I need some help anyone had this happen? and what did you do?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
girlintheflock
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hi Melissa. I think we all go through this with our toddlers. I know I went through it with my older kids and now I'm dealing with it with my youngest who is 26months.  I just work around what she will eat and continue trying new foods daily.  She doesn't eat any veggies, so I started buying that V8 fruit and veggie combo drink.  It comes in Orange and Berry and Strawberry and she LOVES them all.  Plus I give her a really great Multivitamin and Probiotic and Omega 3 as a daily supplement while she is going through this phase.  Just buy the best of what she likes.  If its waffles, make sure your buying the whole grain with fiber.  if its pizza, try making your own with healthy ingrediants.  almost anything is better than the cheapo freezer pizzas.  i buy the little bagels and make up a bunch of mini pizzas and freeze them myself.  its cheaper and way healthier.  good luck!

Emily  -  Mom to Skyla 2, Cheyenne 11, & Maxwell 15 yrs.

5 things I love;  My children, my family, positive energy, witty one-liners and a good glass of wine.5 things I hate;  Mean people, negative energy, judgmental people, sardines and laundry.

Kari78
by Group Owner on Oct. 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I agree with the PP's advice!  That actually is not too bad of a diet, so long as you do make sure everything is made of quality ingredients, and homemade as much as possible.  You don't want her consuming a bunch of preservatives, fillers, junky oils, that kind of thing.  I make my own whole-wheat crust pizza with spinach on it, for instance.  And as you know, keep offering different things.  They go through stages so quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if she started eating everything in sight the very next month!  That's what mine did...he went through a picky stage and now he'll try anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)