Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY good book on nutrition/dental health!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

I just read Ramiel Nagel's Cure Tooth Decay: Heal & Prevent Cavities With Nutrition...and it was awesome!!  Here is the related website:

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

No one in our family presently has problems with tooth decay, but I heard it was a super book, and mainly got it with prevention in mind.  Just the basic premise was shocking to me: that tooth decay depends almost completely on nutrition (and your resulting blood chemistry), NOT on what's left on the teeth (for instance, breastmilk for night-time nursers), and NOT brushing/flossing (although those things are obviously still good to do).  And his ideas on what constitutes good nutrition for dental health was also eye-opening.  There are a LOT of meat products that he recommends, but he also gives vegetarian/pescetarian options. 

Anyway...I highly recommend it!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
zweedledee
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Thanks for the recommendation! We had bad tooth decay problems. I didn't give my children any candy and they have still never had a sip of soft drink. The dentist ended up root canaling my daughter's teeth and extracting a tooth.

I was sick.

My mommy instinct related it all to the cheerios I fed her for her "first foods." But I think it was that and a extreme lack of vit. D.

:(

I got into reading a lot about it and found Weston Price. It is a free e-book, and beautifully illustrated.

You would be so suprised at just how IGNORANT the dentists I have seen are.

It's jaw dropping.

Kari78
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Weston Price's research is actually what Ramiel Nagel's dental health book is based on!  That, and his own experiences with his own poor toddler's teeth rotting out of her head.  He never went to a dentist for her...stopped all the decay on his own with what he found out through his research, and by trial and error with her diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)