Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me here !!! Extremely fussy baby..

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

DD is 16m old and started solids around 9m...we BF more than solids in the beginning and then she finally weaned at 13m..since then she eats everything we eat and I dont really puree anything...we never had a problem.

The last two-three weeks have been very tough..shes teething and getting molars and got over a mild fever but since then her appetite is gone..She ate everything before, whatever we ate she ate, but now she eats very very  little.

Shes super fussy. She eats a few spoons of food and refuses to open her mouth after that. And even if I make her eat she spits it out..Her diapers seem fine she poops and pees and its all normal.

At her 15m appt she was almost 19lbs and was off the chart in height and weight. She hasnt gained much since her 12m appt. The doc said I need to make her gain weight.I dunno what to do..

Other than eating issues she seems very active and healthy.

Does teething cause loss of appetite and how long will this last??

Stay at Home Mom to my beautiful princess, just started a new website and blog for financial information and education www.ranichopra.com  

by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sgoss465
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Yes teething can cause loss of appetite. Also we have lo's that are going through lots of stages! My dd is 15 months and right now we are wasting more than she's consuming. Even her favorite things she's refusing. It seems like she's only liking those pouches she's can hold and suck the purée out of or goldfish crackers. Yesterday she didn't even want Mac n cheese! So basically I just keep trying and remembering that this too shall pass! Lol!
Xandriasmommy
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Also remember, as they get to the toddler phase they will go in spurts of eating everything to eating nothing. As long as she is gaining, even if it's just a couple of ounce, you're good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kari78
by Group Owner on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Btw, it's very common for toddlers to not gain weight between the 1st and 2nd year. They start to thin out and lose some of the baby fat. My DS didn't gain much at all that year, but he got much taller. I'm surprised your doc said she needs to gain weight, esp. since she's already off the charts.

My DS definitely lost his appetite when he was teething bad, too. I still nursed him 'til he turned 3 though (when we had to stop for medical reasons), so I was very glad he still had breastmilk when he didn't feel like eating. He really nursed a lot when he was teething.

happymom6
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Thanks ladies !!! I agree its a phase and it will pass :))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)