Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just checking

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

My son is 5 1/2 months old and for about a week and a half he's been having some solids, though mostly BM and somedays no solids at all just BM. I've been feeding him mashed potatoes, (no butter or anything in them), mashed up carrots, pees, green beans, and half an inch size bites of pancake (nothing on it ofcourse) and wafflle, rolls, that kind of thing. Just checking to make sure that the bread products are ok, all this is regular food, no baby food, just smashed up.

thanks

Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, Non-vaxxing, ANTI circ., cosleeping, future homeschooling, AP young Christian momma! :)

DOULAJULIET.WEBS.COM

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TonyaLea
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM

It is usually reccommeded to wait three days between each new food to check for allergic reactions, that way if they do have a reaction, you will know what food caused it. 

As for the bread, I didn't give it to my daughter till much later, but really the only concern is if your little one can swallow it OK and if there is no family allergy to wheat products.  If he has already had it though, it is probably OK. 

If you are interested in making your own baby food like you seem to be doing already, there is a great website that I used called wholesomebaby.com.  It gives you guides for what foods to introduce when and the best ways to prepare them.  You can also look up any food you can think of in their search bar and it will tell you how to make it into baby food and when you can introduce it.  :)  Have fun, I loved making baby food. 

MommytoJ
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Quoting TonyaLea:

It is usually reccommeded to wait three days between each new food to check for allergic reactions, that way if they do have a reaction, you will know what food caused it. 

As for the bread, I didn't give it to my daughter till much later, but really the only concern is if your little one can swallow it OK and if there is no family allergy to wheat products.  If he has already had it though, it is probably OK. 

If you are interested in making your own baby food like you seem to be doing already, there is a great website that I used called wholesomebaby.com.  It gives you guides for what foods to introduce when and the best ways to prepare them.  You can also look up any food you can think of in their search bar and it will tell you how to make it into baby food and when you can introduce it.  :)  Have fun, I loved making baby food. 

great, thanks :)

Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, Non-vaxxing, ANTI circ., cosleeping, future homeschooling, AP young Christian momma! :)

DOULAJULIET.WEBS.COM

Kari78
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I know which site you mean...it's wholesomebabyfood.com (with the "food" in there).  It's a really good site!  Breads and pancakes and that type of thing have a lot of different ingredients, so if it's the first time you're giving it and there's a reaction, you wouldn't know which ingredient caused it.  I waited 'til a year for eggs (as they're highly allergenic), and 10 or 11 months for wheat (also b/c of risk of allergies).  It was my first and I was a worry-wart, don't know if I'd wait that long next time!  But that website has lots of good info so you can make up your mind.

TonyaLea
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Quoting Kari78:

I know which site you mean...it's wholesomebabyfood.com (with the "food" in there).  It's a really good site!  Breads and pancakes and that type of thing have a lot of different ingredients, so if it's the first time you're giving it and there's a reaction, you wouldn't know which ingredient caused it.  I waited 'til a year for eggs (as they're highly allergenic), and 10 or 11 months for wheat (also b/c of risk of allergies).  It was my first and I was a worry-wart, don't know if I'd wait that long next time!  But that website has lots of good info so you can make up your mind.

You're right, I typed it wrong, LOL.  sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)