Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a New Army Girlfriend looking for advice...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Hi I am Katherine. I am a Disabled mother of 2 & Divorced. Well I currently am dating my wonderful boyfriend who is on active duty in the Army. We met thru a friend while he was in Iraq & basically became penpals & started comunicating thru emails,messages and phone calls until He came back from Iraq in September when we finally met face to face after 6 months of talking. Since we met we have been inseperable and we belive it is fate & not a coinsidence. He is not from my state & never been here til now. He is giving up his home to come back here to me and start a new life with me as I am willing to follow him as an Army girlfriend/fiancee/wife or whereever it may lead. Well He has an upcoming hardship tour in Jan for 1 year & I am worried about the time and distance. He says the time will either make us or breaks us,but he snt worried at all. He belives as I that it was Fate that brought us together. Well I wasn't worried at all either until this weekend when we found out most of our friends and family are asking us how we are going to make it while he is gone for a year. Ony a few are rooting for us with the others being very negative. I am not scared just nervous a lil bit I guess. I know it will be hard & I know I will have to be strong as well as stay busy.I know alot of miltary guy friends,but most of them are teling me I am jsut setting myself up for heartbreak. We have lots of plans when he gets back & We cant wait to start our new life together :D Is there an helpful advice anyone can give me?! Thanx ~Katherine~

by on Nov. 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
U.S.ArmyWife
by Group Owner on Nov. 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM

i know how that goes all to well. litterily just 3 mos after we got married, my husband deployed for 15 mos. (i was 5 1/2 mos pregnant too) its not easy but love got us through. although he thought i was sleeping around just cause i was messing some guy friends, we made it.  but now he is wanting a divorce after almost 3 yrs. i wish you all the best. and remember, your not alone and we are here to help.

PunkRawkMamaX2
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I am sorry about the divorce. Thanx for the support we are very close and he is more supportive and trying to make sure I am fine and happy before he eaves and while he is gone. Good luck to youa dn thanx again

U.S.ArmyWife
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM

what is your disability is you don't mind me asking

I am a single mother to a beautiful little girl. I will tare you apart if you harm her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN