Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Try These 5 Foods to Boost Your Metabolism & Bust Belly Fat!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 3025 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Try These 5 Foods to Boost Your Metabolism & Bust Belly Fat!

by Abby_Campbell, www.911BodyResQ.com

Who doesn't want to boost their metabolism to burn fat and get great abs?  Eating clean and natural foods is definitely the key to this goal, but do you know which of those foods can really turn your body into a fat fighting machine?  By incorporating certain foods that fight fat will help you get toned and lean as well as flatten your abs.  Try incorporating the following 5 foods to help you get leaner with rock hard abs:

SALMON

Not only high in protein, salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which is an essential fat that your body needs.  Don't believe the lies from the old diet fad that "fat is bad."  Your body actually needs "essential" fats as they are necessary to keep your body healthy.   Alzheimer's, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and depression are only a few diseases/disorders that essential fats fight against, but did you know that it also fights the fat-controlling hormone, leptin?  By including more salmon into your diet, you will reduce leptin which will reduce fat. 

GREENSYes, I'm talking about the dreaded veggies!  Don't tell me that you don't like all of them either because there are hundreds of different veggies that you may choose from.  If you don't like one, then find another to try until you find some you like.  Sometimes, the preparation of the greens will make or break the taste, so spice your greens up with your favorite spices or low-calorie sauces.  The reason why greens are so important is because they are full of nutrients that are good for the body and help reduce the risk for heart disease, cancer, and other illnesses.  They are also what you call a "negative" calorie food.  Though you are filled with the best of the foods in nutrients, you also reap the benefit of burning off the calories they provide you with due its high fiber content.  Some of the best greens to include in your diet are kale, collards, spinach, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.  The best news about greens is that you can eat as much as your heart's content without gaining fat.  So, eat up on your greens!

OATMEAL

Not only does oatmeal taste great, it can help boost your metabolism.  Because it is a low-glycemic carbohydrate that is high in fiber, oatmeal will incinerate belly fat!  This food is also good for lowering bad cholesterol levels.  When eating oatmeal, make sure you balance the meal with a protein and essential fat.  Throwing in some chocolate protein powder can really sweeten up your entree.

NUTS

Though nuts are high in calories and fat, including the right ones in your diet will help you burn belly fat.  For instance, walnuts and almonds are high in essential fats.  You must keep in mind that a serving is only 1-3 tablespoons and should be included with a protein and carb (veggie or fruit) to keep a balanced meal. 

BLUEBERRIES

Blueberries are not only a powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants.  They will supercharge your body to lose belly fat.  Some scientific reports have even shown that eating blueberries with a not-so-clean diet will still give you some belly busting benefits. 

If you haven't included any or all of these foods in your regular menu plan, start now!  You will be well on your way to busting fat as well as having a healthy body.

by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KatieHayes
by on Nov. 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Great post!   These 5 foods truly can boost your metabolism.   I eat them often myself and I know they work.   Protein is the most important ingredient in boosting metabolism.      

turtledove91024
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I eat these 5 foods but need to be more consistent with eating them. Great info!

STARRYVONN
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I eat these.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)