Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone!

As stated in the bulletin we just sent out, let's get reacquainted with one another.  Please feel free to say a few words about yourself, as well as where you are on your healthy living journey.

If you have needs and questions, please start a new post in the General Discussions Forum entitled as such. We'll be happy to answer your questions.

We look forward to getting to know you!

Abby & Cassandra

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Replies (51-60):
Dimples303
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi ladies! My name is Liz, I am 24 and live in Colorado. I had my little girl 2 years ago and am struggling to lose weight and lose my tummy pouch (c-section nightmare). Just looking for tips, advice and some motivation. :)

DolcePuchi
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello There !!!!

My Name is Candy Salcedo and my reason for joing this group is because i could really use some motivation and support !!! I am 23 years old and am currently at 195 lbs standing at 4ft 11'. My weight gain i think is a very typical story, It started after my first child (i am a mother of 3) and due to contraceptive injections. Somehow, 7 years later and still cant loose weight. i tried diets i couldnt follow and i am a fast food junkie but i actually started out again really motivated tis february 1st (yest i know its only been like 3 days) and i started by using the loseit.com website doing calorie counting and i have not had any softdrinks of any kind (which for me is like huge) and this is my third day going through with water 1 gallon a day! so far, My calorie intake according to this app should only be 1,229 but these past 2 days ive been over that by 250 calories and it looks like today will be the same. It is very frustrating looking at myself like this but worst of all is that i have a lower back herniated disk that makes it beyond painfull to even excersice and that is another issue itself because due to this i am on various anti-inflamatory and pain meds that ten to get me drowsy. I could really use support, advice and experiences to motivate me to be able to make it this time around. im not trying to look good imtrying to be healthy and love who i see in the miror every morning.

Thanks

FibroMom1957
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Hi Candy, I am also using the Loseit app so feel free to add me if you want. My email is  tricia12557@gmail.com.  I've had a lot of health issues and some surgery that has kept me from really working on getting the weight off. But I started this New Year determined this is the year I will lose the 40 lbs. I am increasing my exercise and really working to eat clean and healthy. My downfall is sweets. I am addicted. I am currently working on cutting sugar out of my diet as much as possible. I have switched to using honey if I need any sweetness. Let me know how you're doing and add me on Loseit if you want. I'm also on facebook-   Tricia Pierce Andrews

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv6d6l9/">

FibroMom1957
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Liz, welcome to the group. There are some awesome women on this site and hopefully we can be supportive and helpful.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv6d6l9/">

hank6811
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Hello!! I'm Leah, 30, married almost 10 yrs, and have 2 daughters, ages 8 and 6. As a teen, I thought I was chunky - but I'd give a lot of things to have that body back! I gained 80 lbs during my first pregnancy (you're eating for two, right?). Only lost 20 lbs until the next pregnancy and gained 35 lbs with that one. Dealt with depression for a long time until 2010 and just never could stick to any diet or healthy eating/fitness plan. I just love food too much! I'm addicted to fast food, although lately I've been very good (only a couple times a month). I HATE exercise, but am coming to terms with the fact that its a necessary evil. I'd love to lose about 60 lbs (to put me around 140), but I think what I would love more is to feel indifferent to food in general. I plan too much of my day around when I get to eat, what I'll have to eat, and how I deserve to eat everything my hubby can eat. I joined this group because I'm desperate for sound, healthy advice & motivation to change my habits for life :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Hi, I am Chris.  Mother of two a almost 6 yo and a 4 yo.  My husband and I see 40 coming too soon and need to make a change.  We have started working with a trainer (who has nutritional knowledge too.)  I am looking to lose 45lb in the next year.  I have already lost 10 since the beginning of the year.

bunny1982ai
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I'm Lorri. I am former Navy. I am a disabled veteran now. I gained a lot of weight since getting out. I am just starting my journey back to a healthy life!!!

"Time dosen't change anything. Doing things changes things. Not doing things, leave things just the way they were." -One Day, One Room-

"All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed: in life that which is unnoticed has the most power." 

SweetCharisma
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hey, my name is Tonya! I am 33, married with three kids. I love and value my family and friends and love photography and music! 

A little about my weight loss journey...

My heaviest weight was 337 pounds and that was in June of 2010. I lost a little over 100 pounds in the first couple years, was going to become a weight loss coach but life got extremely busy for me with kids, school and working. I got down to 224 pounds but sadly I lost the weight being on two differnt weight loss programs. Not diets, just programs to help teach you different methods on eating right and such. One program  though I was to eat their food and I found that if you do not transition off you can gain the weight back... and I gained some back. Not all but enough to tick me off. 

So now I am determined to lose what I gained back plus the rest that I need to lose to get down to my goal weight. I am taking what I have learned and going to apply it to my life and lose the weight the old fashion way... healthy eating and exercising. 

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

saraewhite
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. I am 29. I have two children, Hunter is 6 and Hailey is 4. I am married to my husband Josh. We will be married 4 years in September and together 10 years in June. We live in Stanley, WI.

I had lost 30 lbs between September of 2012 and January 2013, but unfortunatly it was not the healthy way. I was only eating one meal a day. Now that I have started working again I find myself eating at work and it is not the healthiest (subs, pasta's and pizza). I usually only home two nights a week to cook meals.

I want to get away from the hamburger and chicken helper, macaroni and cheese and frozen pizzas.

I would love to get some great ideas for meals thatincorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables and way less fat!

I also hate exercising! To me it is like pulling teeth without any form of sedation or novicaine, lol! So if anyone has any wonderful ideas on exercising for those who don't that would be much appreciated as well.

If you have any questions, ask away!

BethanyJoan
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Hey! My name is Bethany. I have one son, Kaden, and just graduated with my BBA in Accounting. I have always struggled with my weight and a year and a half ago had lost 70lbs. with nothing but diet and exercise. Due to school stress and lack of motivation I gained about half of that back. Over the past 2 months I have really started watching what I eat and have lost almost 15 lbs. of that again. I still can't get motivated to exercise, though. Once I get into it I really do enjoy it, but I just hate getting started. I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling! My goals are to find my motivation to start exercising and to get to the point where I am doing something physical every single day. I know once that happens I will eventually reach a healthy weight and will start to just feel better again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN