Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone!

As stated in the bulletin we just sent out, let's get reacquainted with one another.  Please feel free to say a few words about yourself, as well as where you are on your healthy living journey.

If you have needs and questions, please start a new post in the General Discussions Forum entitled as such. We'll be happy to answer your questions.

We look forward to getting to know you!

Abby & Cassandra

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Replies (81-90):
saraewhite
by on May. 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm Sara I have come and gone about 4 times now. Stuck in a rut at the moment and in need of encouragement!

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey?   This last one I have been doing for 2 1/2 months but i have been trying on and off since high school so about 15 years.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals?  I want to be toned, I want my bmi to not tell me I am overweight, I want to feel confident when I look inthe mirror, I want to be down to an ideal weight for me (105-110 lbs)

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I have had too many stops and starts in my journey, probably over 50 but not quite 100 I would say

4. Tell us more about you!   I will be turning 31 in July. I am very short, 4'10".

I have two children, an almost 8 year old son and a 5 1/2 year old girl.

I have been married for almost 5 years but together for almost 11.

I recieved my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management in 2012 but have worked as a waitress at our local pizza resturaunt for a year and a half.

I am a people person and have a hard time with motivating myself. My husband says that as soon as I start to see progress I give up, not sure why I do this but I seen it this last time.

Anything else, just ask. I am an open book.

LEC22
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

HI everyone!

My name is Jennifer, Jen is fine :). I have 3 daughters and one very large man child lol (my hubby). I live in mid michigan and I am so happy that the nice weather has finally swooped in, this winter was BRUTAL!.

I am a hairstylist, my sister just bought a shop and I manage that I have been out of the shop for a year being an at home mommy just got back into it to help out the sis. But I am finding that I have missed it and am so excited that I am back at hair and beautifying people again...

I am also a beachbody coach, life style and health coach. I fell in love with their products and decided that I would love to share my story and my success with others.

I am an open book so if you have ANY questions about me feel free to ask :). I am excited to get to know everyone!

LEC22
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

HI sara! I know all about being stuck in a rut...I was in one for about 10 years with my health and fitness. ITs the worst! But you know what you just need to push yourself a little harder and that rut will be in the past! Find a new love of working out try something different, yoga maybe...or pilates...I found that adding these into my workouts made it more relaxing and less of a task. I have been on my journey ever since I had my first c-section over 10 years ago I just recently found something that REALLY works for me. My fitness goals are to tighten and tone, with a focus on my over stretched tummy. I couldnt even count how many times I have done the starting and the stopping....Nemerous! finding something that works and that you love is the key though!

Quoting saraewhite:

Hi I'm Sara I have come and gone about 4 times now. Stuck in a rut at the moment and in need of encouragement!

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey?   This last one I have been doing for 2 1/2 months but i have been trying on and off since high school so about 15 years.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals?  I want to be toned, I want my bmi to not tell me I am overweight, I want to feel confident when I look inthe mirror, I want to be down to an ideal weight for me (105-110 lbs)

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I have had too many stops and starts in my journey, probably over 50 but not quite 100 I would say

4. Tell us more about you!   I will be turning 31 in July. I am very short, 4'10".

I have two children, an almost 8 year old son and a 5 1/2 year old girl.

I have been married for almost 5 years but together for almost 11.

I recieved my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management in 2012 but have worked as a waitress at our local pizza resturaunt for a year and a half.

I am a people person and have a hard time with motivating myself. My husband says that as soon as I start to see progress I give up, not sure why I do this but I seen it this last time.

Anything else, just ask. I am an open book.

sixxlet
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Ruby. I'm 39 and just got married. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and trying to conceive.

bride2013
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello eveveryone.My name is Chasaty.Im 37.I live in indianapolis indianaindiana.I have been married one year.Yesterday was mine and my husband one year wedding anniversary.
Geekybabe
by on Jan. 4, 2015 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My name is Candy and I a mom of two boys,ages 12 and 9 years old.
Been married for 13 wonderful yrs. For the past year, I've been trying to lose weight and eat healthy. I am hoping to make some new friends.
die4u
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

HI! I havnt been on cafemom in a long time and just recently within the last couple months i've started on a healthier life style. I've been eating better. Exercising ( big deal for me). I have been doing the beachbody program. I lost 20lbs the first month 10 from just stoping soda. I looking for more groups more info, better food ideas. I have a facebook group that hold us accountable and its the best thing. I dont know what i'd do with out them. So i figured i check it out here and see if i could get the same thing.

CreedMama3
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. It's been a while since I was last on CafeMom. I am currently losing weight. The past few years have been super busy that I managed to gain over 100 pounds. I have been on and off this weightloss journey but officially hit it off back in July. I have lost 34 pounds so far. I look amazing since my first picture I took to start my before and afters. My first picture was August 9, 2014. My recent picture was yesterday January 11, 2015. I have 3 children:9, 8, and almost 4. I was 125 pounds back in 2004 and back in July I weighed 277. I am currently managing my weight between 243-248. I try not to weigh myself weekly because its sometimes discouraging to me. I focus more on how I am feeling anf how and what my clothes look like on me. I've defiantly lost a lot of inches as well. I plan to start Planet Fitness when they open in my town next month. :) Oh and I am a stay at home mom/ homemaker. I've been married since I was 16. 9 long years :) 

ProudTexasMommy
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2015 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Everybody! It's been several years since I have been on here. Many life changes since then. Let's see... I am still a mother of just two fabulous boys. Ages 8 & 15. Had to have a total Hys after the 2nd or I would probably have 4 by now! Lol. I am married to the hardest working man I know. We are the proud owners of 2nd Amendment Guns & Ammo & All American Technology, both in Van TX. And I am also a nurse. So between the kids sports and running 2 businesses we stay very busy.

Back in my high school & college years I was intense about my fitness. Working out 7 days a week. Loved it! Then over 10 yrs ago I was diagnosed with something that causes aches and discomforts all over, daily headaches, mood swings, major fatigue, digestive issues, etc. Since then I have been in 2 car accidents that caused cervical damage. So...I have done little to zero working out in quite a while. But I am now taking Thrive by Le-Vel (if you haven't heard of it ask me and I will tell you!! It's amazing!!) and I feel like a new woman!! It has been literally life changing for me. So now I am trying to get my booty back in the gym and help others do the same! That's me in a nutshell!
Jesus_Princess
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Hi my name is Carolyn, I have a difficulty eating healthy because of physical disability.  I know it sounds weird but it's true.  I also have difficulty losing weight.  One reason is that I now know I was destroying my metabolism with my many crash diets from my teens up through my twenties. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN