Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone!

As stated in the bulletin we just sent out, let's get reacquainted with one another.  Please feel free to say a few words about yourself, as well as where you are on your healthy living journey.

If you have needs and questions, please start a new post in the General Discussions Forum entitled as such. We'll be happy to answer your questions.

We look forward to getting to know you!

Abby & Cassandra

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Replies (81-89):
saraewhite
by on May. 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi I'm Sara I have come and gone about 4 times now. Stuck in a rut at the moment and in need of encouragement!

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey?   This last one I have been doing for 2 1/2 months but i have been trying on and off since high school so about 15 years.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals?  I want to be toned, I want my bmi to not tell me I am overweight, I want to feel confident when I look inthe mirror, I want to be down to an ideal weight for me (105-110 lbs)

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I have had too many stops and starts in my journey, probably over 50 but not quite 100 I would say

4. Tell us more about you!   I will be turning 31 in July. I am very short, 4'10".

I have two children, an almost 8 year old son and a 5 1/2 year old girl.

I have been married for almost 5 years but together for almost 11.

I recieved my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management in 2012 but have worked as a waitress at our local pizza resturaunt for a year and a half.

I am a people person and have a hard time with motivating myself. My husband says that as soon as I start to see progress I give up, not sure why I do this but I seen it this last time.

Anything else, just ask. I am an open book.

LEC22
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM

HI everyone!

My name is Jennifer, Jen is fine :). I have 3 daughters and one very large man child lol (my hubby). I live in mid michigan and I am so happy that the nice weather has finally swooped in, this winter was BRUTAL!.

I am a hairstylist, my sister just bought a shop and I manage that I have been out of the shop for a year being an at home mommy just got back into it to help out the sis. But I am finding that I have missed it and am so excited that I am back at hair and beautifying people again...

I am also a beachbody coach, life style and health coach. I fell in love with their products and decided that I would love to share my story and my success with others.

I am an open book so if you have ANY questions about me feel free to ask :). I am excited to get to know everyone!

LEC22
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM

HI sara! I know all about being stuck in a rut...I was in one for about 10 years with my health and fitness. ITs the worst! But you know what you just need to push yourself a little harder and that rut will be in the past! Find a new love of working out try something different, yoga maybe...or pilates...I found that adding these into my workouts made it more relaxing and less of a task. I have been on my journey ever since I had my first c-section over 10 years ago I just recently found something that REALLY works for me. My fitness goals are to tighten and tone, with a focus on my over stretched tummy. I couldnt even count how many times I have done the starting and the stopping....Nemerous! finding something that works and that you love is the key though!

Quoting saraewhite:

Hi I'm Sara I have come and gone about 4 times now. Stuck in a rut at the moment and in need of encouragement!

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey?   This last one I have been doing for 2 1/2 months but i have been trying on and off since high school so about 15 years.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals?  I want to be toned, I want my bmi to not tell me I am overweight, I want to feel confident when I look inthe mirror, I want to be down to an ideal weight for me (105-110 lbs)

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I have had too many stops and starts in my journey, probably over 50 but not quite 100 I would say

4. Tell us more about you!   I will be turning 31 in July. I am very short, 4'10".

I have two children, an almost 8 year old son and a 5 1/2 year old girl.

I have been married for almost 5 years but together for almost 11.

I recieved my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management in 2012 but have worked as a waitress at our local pizza resturaunt for a year and a half.

I am a people person and have a hard time with motivating myself. My husband says that as soon as I start to see progress I give up, not sure why I do this but I seen it this last time.

Anything else, just ask. I am an open book.

sixxlet
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Hi, I'm Ruby. I'm 39 and just got married. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and trying to conceive.

bride2013
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Hello eveveryone.My name is Chasaty.Im 37.I live in indianapolis indianaindiana.I have been married one year.Yesterday was mine and my husband one year wedding anniversary.
Geekybabe
Because HE Lives, I can face tomorrow!
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Hi! My name is Candy and I a mom of two boys,ages 12 and 9 years old.
Been married for 13 wonderful yrs. For the past year, I've been trying to lose weight and eat healthy. I am hoping to make some new friends.
die4u
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM

HI! I havnt been on cafemom in a long time and just recently within the last couple months i've started on a healthier life style. I've been eating better. Exercising ( big deal for me). I have been doing the beachbody program. I lost 20lbs the first month 10 from just stoping soda. I looking for more groups more info, better food ideas. I have a facebook group that hold us accountable and its the best thing. I dont know what i'd do with out them. So i figured i check it out here and see if i could get the same thing.

CreedMama3
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Hi. It's been a while since I was last on CafeMom. I am currently losing weight. The past few years have been super busy that I managed to gain over 100 pounds. I have been on and off this weightloss journey but officially hit it off back in July. I have lost 34 pounds so far. I look amazing since my first picture I took to start my before and afters. My first picture was August 9, 2014. My recent picture was yesterday January 11, 2015. I have 3 children:9, 8, and almost 4. I was 125 pounds back in 2004 and back in July I weighed 277. I am currently managing my weight between 243-248. I try not to weigh myself weekly because its sometimes discouraging to me. I focus more on how I am feeling anf how and what my clothes look like on me. I've defiantly lost a lot of inches as well. I plan to start Planet Fitness when they open in my town next month. :) Oh and I am a stay at home mom/ homemaker. I've been married since I was 16. 9 long years :) 

ProudTexasMommy
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2015 at 3:42 AM
Hi Everybody! It's been several years since I have been on here. Many life changes since then. Let's see... I am still a mother of just two fabulous boys. Ages 8 & 15. Had to have a total Hys after the 2nd or I would probably have 4 by now! Lol. I am married to the hardest working man I know. We are the proud owners of 2nd Amendment Guns & Ammo & All American Technology, both in Van TX. And I am also a nurse. So between the kids sports and running 2 businesses we stay very busy.

Back in my high school & college years I was intense about my fitness. Working out 7 days a week. Loved it! Then over 10 yrs ago I was diagnosed with something that causes aches and discomforts all over, daily headaches, mood swings, major fatigue, digestive issues, etc. Since then I have been in 2 car accidents that caused cervical damage. So...I have done little to zero working out in quite a while. But I am now taking Thrive by Le-Vel (if you haven't heard of it ask me and I will tell you!! It's amazing!!) and I feel like a new woman!! It has been literally life changing for me. So now I am trying to get my booty back in the gym and help others do the same! That's me in a nutshell!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN