Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Motivation Throughout the Holidays & Upcoming Challenge

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Good morning, Ladies!

I hope everyone is staying warm this December.  I'm in western North Carolina, and it's been very nice this month so far. I'm able to go outside with short sleeves on and be comfortable. The sad thing is that I don't think we're going to have a winter wonderland this Christmas. sad Though I love the beauty of the snow, I really don't like the cold so I'll take this weather any day.

I want to let you know about a couple of things. First, I have started a new forum here in this group called "Holiday Motivation." I've started writing for some ezines again, and I'm focusing my articles on staying fit during the holiday season. I thought I would share them here as well in case you need a little extra motivation. wink

Second thing I want to discuss with you is a New Year challenge. I would like to see how many of you would like to take part in a fitness challenge after the holidays, beginning around the second week of January. I will provide a workout for you, but you can use your own workout if you like. Also, I'll provide some nutrition guidelines to help as well. The best thing is that the winner(s) will be able to win prizes. They won't be huge prizes, but they will be incentive enough to get you motivated (I hope). I need to have at least 10 people be committed to the challenge in order to conduct it, so please think about it and let me know here by replying to this post. Talk to your friends and have them join us as well. Let me know if you have any questions as well. smile

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds awesome :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deenakate
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do New Years challenge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyintraining
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

yep, yep, yep!!!

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM

All right!  Well, tell your friends! Have them join our group. We will need at least 10 committed people to join to make this a challenge.  wink

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

1TimeMomma28
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Count me in! I need motivation for sure. :) 

Wife, mother to Michael (Oct '09-March'10), Jeremiah(Oct '11) and Molly(Oct '12), daughter, friend.

sammygrl77
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatiff06
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

im in :)

SueB32
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I can't wait.

Raine2007
by New Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I'm in!

FibroMom1957
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Abby, I am starting a challenge in another group I'm on but wasn't sure if I could participate in your challenge also. I am starting RevAbs. Plus alternbating with a stability ball workout I love.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv6d6l9/">

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)