Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you workout?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

Good morning, Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well as we head into the weekend. Just to let you know, I try to avoid my office and the computer on the weekends, unless of course my family has left me and I'm absolutely bored. But, my mind (and eyes) needs a little break from the computer for sure. So, please don't ever think I'm ignoring you if I don't answer, especially on the weekends. wink

Anyway, I believe we have 3-4 participants for the New Year Challenge so far. We still need 6-7 committed ladies. So, please tell your friends to join us.  I know our group is a little slow right now with us just getting it back and up and running in October, as well as with the holiday season upon us. We still have a few weeks, but I would like to get an idea from you all on your workout regimen. I have some planned workouts that I will share with you all, but they all involve some form of gym equipment... whether machines at the gym or a set of dumbbells at home. I'll need to know:

(1) Do you workout at a gym or home?

(2) What type of equipment do you have on hand if you workout at home?

(3) Are you counting on my workout plan or are you planning to use your own?

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sammygrl77
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Currently I am at a gym 3 days a week. 2 times working with a trainer and the third doing cardio on a treadmill. I'm doing a couch to 5k training, so I follow that at home also.

I'll be using my own plan (well the trainer's plan. Lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatiff06
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I will be joining up with a new gym that just opened.

I walk at least 2 miles a day with 3 out of 4 of my kids 1 whos either in a stroller or my arms

ill give your plan a shot abby i have all the faith in the world with anything you come up with :) but i will be adding my own spin on a few things.

big_red05
by Head Admin on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a home gym.. I do have my own workout plan BUT having used your plans in te past with great success if you provided one I would use it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Great!  Sounds like we have some dedicated ladies here.  wink  Just to let you know, you don't have to use my plan to be in the challenge.  I was only going to offer it for those who don't know where to get started, so it's totally up to you.  The plan does require some equipment, so I just wanted to gauge where everyone is at with that. 

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I was going to 24 Hour Fitness. I had to stop because of finances, but as soon as I can I will be going back. I had a personal trainer there and he was a great motivator.

FibroMom1957
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I work out at home. I have recumbent bike, weights and stability ball.  I am planning on using RwevAbs workout and sometimes a stability ball workouts (1 hr) that incorporates the whole body. When the weather warms up I will be adding walking daily into the mix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)