Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 181 Total Views
Hey Everyone! My name is Leah. I am starting my weight loss journey today, December 14, 2012.
I am 180 current & my goal is 120-130. My overall reason to want to lose weight is because the hubby & I want to TTC Baby # 2 in March 2014, BUT, my reason at this moment is to get a bikini body for this summer. We have a beach vacation planned for September! My main problem is my mid-section. Its more than a muffin top lol its a melting muffin top. Please! I need tips to mainly get rid of that!!! Well that is about it. I hope everyone is supportive here!
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamatiff06
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome this is a great bunch for support :) my one trick was walking uphill and down 4x a day. usually with a kid in the stroller or even walking up and down stairs for 5 minutes a day holding the baby. 

big_red05
by Head Admin on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey! Welcome to te group we are glad to have you here!

For the "muffin top" it is a common place for women to collect dreaded fat :( I know from expirence ;) there are a couple things that are great for reducing it..

1) like tiff mentioned cardio is always good walking, running, Zumba whatever you enjoy an will keep you modivated

2) diet diet diet! And by that I don't mean a restrictive calorie deprived diet as women commonly think of when they hear diet! A good clean diet is best, anything articifal, prepackaged or processed contributes to belly fat.This can be hard to begin with mostly because it's hard to know what's right to eat.. If you want to post what you normally eat in a day we can help give you suggestions :)

Basically lean meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, walnuts etc are good!

3) lift some weights! Lifting weights and building lean muscle an help your metabolism and make your body more efficient at burning fat :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sparkles591
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Eat Breakfast!!   

mommyintraining
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Sounds like we are in the same boat regarding the weight loss and the amount....not the ttc part though...im through in that dept! lol!! These girls are great here! very informative and supportive! Good luck on you venture!!!

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Welcome, Leah!  You'll fit right in with our group.  We'll be happy to help you in any way we can.  In fact, I'm trying to gather enough ladies here to do a body transformation challenge.  I'll be posting a workout plan as well as some nutrition tips, so it's perfect timing to learn how to build some healthy habits to lose body fat. 

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

momof2x1
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Welcome, I'm new here too! :-)

FibroMom1957
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Leah. I have been on this site for some time but not as active as I should be. I love this group. I know several of the members for some time and they are so very supportive. I am starting new challenge Jan 1, 2013 to lose 40 lbs, mostly in the middle. So looks like you will fit right in. Hope we can be of some help for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)