Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Goodies!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 74 Total Views

I forgot how overwhelmingly appreciative our families are at this time of year and how they display it daily by bringing in cakes, cookies, pies, chocolates, doughnuts, the list is ENDLESS! I really appreciate their gratitude for our nursing their family members but, man! how about our waistlines! What I wouldn't give for a veggie tray! lol!!! It's been tempting and so I came up w/ a semi solution if it's something I just cant refuse....like a cheesecake. I cut a small sliver....take two or three bites and then throw it away. Ive indulged in the taste but not the whole thing.....and luckily, im not a big baked goods fan so, ive been able to avoid all the cookies ect.  argggghhh!

frustrated

LilySlim Weight charts

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM
It is tough this time of year! For me I am not really tempted but part of it is I stay at home ad have no life ;)

I did go to a pot luck for my kids dance thing and I had a tiny taste of a few things and I'm paying for it today.. My belly hurts so bad! It's not bloated or anything but it's cramping I think I irritated my acid reflux :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM

laughingLOL... well, at least they are sending some love.  I would do the same as you... first choice --> cheesecake as it has more of the good stuff and less of the bad (sugar). Second, indulging a couple of bites is definitely better than eating a whole piece... gets rid of the urges/cravings without going overboard.  You're doing great standing your ground.  wink

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

sammygrl77
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Lol. I'm glad I am a sahm now. All those treats are hard to resist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)