Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your goals for this year?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

Good morning, Ladies!

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine have been extremely busy this month.  But, I am hoping to slow down a bit with work here soon so that I can start hiking with my husband on the weekends again.  Hiking is one of my favorite things to do.  Here's a picture of one of my daughters and me from this past summer.  It didn't seem to be so scary while we were doing it, but it sure looks scary looking at the pictures... especially since there were no ropes to hold onto. 

So, it seems that we don't really have a great interest in doing a Body Transformation Challenge here in the group.  It's quite fine. We are still here to motivate and encourage one another which is the most important.  If you do decide you want to join in on a 12-week challenge, we are doing one in my Facebook group if you're interested.  It's called Burn Fat - Lose Weight.  We are actually on our third week, so it's not too late to join in. Just email me or come join our challenge.  We have 16 that are currently doing the challenge, and there is a $75 gift card award to the winner.

Since most of us have made goals for 2013, I thought it would be neat to share our goals with one another.  My goal is to workout consistently.  I love working out, but my schedule has been so hectic as of late... been working 7 days per week from 7:30 AM until about 10-11 PM.  It's crazy!  Yesterday, I put my foot down with myself and said "no more." After all, I am my own boss, and my boss kicks my tail.  LOL.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meggie-May
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a great picture! And since I'm deathly afraid of heights, it definitely got my heart pumping! haha

My goals for 2013 is to do more hiking, more kayaking, and at least three 5ks this year.  I also want to run 7 miles without stopping by the end of the year.  Right now, I only do about 4 miles on a good day. lol

chayes
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My goal is to really make REALISTIC goals and stick to a plan. My long term goal is to get down to 150lbs. I am currently around 180. I make changes and then I back away because of poor planning or just letting my body tell me what to do. So my goal is to take one thing and one day at a time until old habits are eliminated so that I can reach the long term goal of weight loss and healthier body

mommyintraining
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My goal is to look and feel awesome before my big "40" birthday party on Oct 2! Working on it everyday!

kary1124
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

my goal for the year is to workout regularly and to lose at least 40 lbs... i need to lose about 60 but dont want to get my hopes up to far even though i think i can make it happen

sagesmom724
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Get back to my pre kid weight. Thats 65 pounds to lose!

bluedolly01
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My goals for the year:

1. Exercise on a consistent basis, making it part of my daily life

2. Compete in my first fun run (I am doing this on the 15th of next month). The Mooloolaba 5km twilight run.

and the big one?

3. Lose 50kg (110 lbs) by Sept 1st.

Failure is not an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Four miles is great!  Sounds like you're very active.  I love being outdoors... did some kayaking last summer and had fish jumping in the boat.  I now have a scar on my back from one of their fins.  That was a scary moment to have things jumping out of the water at you.  LOL.  The pictures of my hike were a lot scarier looking than what it seemed while we were there.  After I saw the pictures, I was like "Wow... did I really do that?"  LOL.

Quoting Meggie-May:

That's a great picture! And since I'm deathly afraid of heights, it definitely got my heart pumping! haha

My goals for 2013 is to do more hiking, more kayaking, and at least three 5ks this year.  I also want to run 7 miles without stopping by the end of the year.  Right now, I only do about 4 miles on a good day. lol

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Being realistic is great!  Thirty pounds may seem like a lot, but it's really not.  You will get there!  I'm rooting for you all the way!

Quoting chayes:

My goal is to really make REALISTIC goals and stick to a plan. My long term goal is to get down to 150lbs. I am currently around 180. I make changes and then I back away because of poor planning or just letting my body tell me what to do. So my goal is to take one thing and one day at a time until old habits are eliminated so that I can reach the long term goal of weight loss and healthier body

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Woohoo!  You can do it!

Quoting mommyintraining:

My goal is to look and feel awesome before my big "40" birthday party on Oct 2! Working on it everyday!

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM

You can lose the 60!  Sometimes, having mini goals helps though.  Looking at a smaller picture is much easier. Once you've reached that mini goal (though 40 pounds is still a major goal in my opinon), then you can reach for the next goal.  You CAN definitely do this!

Quoting kary1124:

my goal for the year is to workout regularly and to lose at least 40 lbs... i need to lose about 60 but dont want to get my hopes up to far even though i think i can make it happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)