Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone done the hCG diet?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 466 Total Views

I tried doing a 500 cal diet today and it went well until dinner time. I took in 900 instead of my normal 1200-1300, I feel horrible now :/

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh my...that "diet" is extremely unhealthy! It can cause serious organ damage! Please please stop that diet now! It is NOT safe for you to eat that few calories!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I talked to my doctor before I started it. Since I have hurt my back I am unable to exercise to help loose the weight properly and he said that I do not need more than 900-1000 if I wanted to maintain my current body weight. I need to loose 120 lbs to be even remotely healthy so he said I could do the low cal intake for 3 months take a break and if it works out alright then i could try it again. 

Quoting big_red05:

Oh my...that "diet" is extremely unhealthy! It can cause serious organ damage! Please please stop that diet now! It is NOT safe for you to eat that few calories!!

big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly your dr is an idiot!!!! I bet he has NO training in nutrition beause what you are doing will fry your thyroid and cause your organs to shut down..not to mention your body will go into starvation mode and pleatu.. I can help you tweak your diet For the results you want but there is no way the hcg diet will help you.. Once you get off it you will gain all the weight back! You need to learn healthy habits :) it can be done I promise you!

Quoting dudestfd:

I talked to my doctor before I started it. Since I have hurt my back I am unable to exercise to help loose the weight properly and he said that I do not need more than 900-1000 if I wanted to maintain my current body weight. I need to loose 120 lbs to be even remotely healthy so he said I could do the low cal intake for 3 months take a break and if it works out alright then i could try it again. 

Quoting big_red05:

dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have done a healthy diet, and before my fall, regular exercise.  I gained 60lbs.. Idk how but I did. I don't get it and I need something to work before this ends up killing me. 

Quoting big_red05:

Honestly your dr is an idiot!!!! I bet he has NO training in nutrition beause what you are doing will fry your thyroid and cause your organs to shut down..not to mention your body will go into starvation mode and pleatu.. I can help you tweak your diet For the results you want but there is no way the hcg diet will help you.. Once you get off it you will gain all the weight back! You need to learn healthy habits :) it can be done I promise you!

Quoting dudestfd:

Quoting big_red05:

big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM
If you ate a healthy diet you would not have gained weight.. There are a lot of misconceptions as to what is/isn't healthy.. I would be more then willing to work with you am get you on a healthy eating plan to lose weight that doesn't include any of these fads.. This diet you are on can in fact kill you!

Quoting dudestfd:

I have done a healthy diet, and before my fall, regular exercise.  I gained 60lbs.. Idk how but I did. I don't get it and I need something to work before this ends up killing me. 

Quoting big_red05:

Quoting dudestfd:

Quoting big_red05:

dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If I don't do something to lose this weight i will end up dead too:/ I was meeting with a dietitian who gave me a lay out of how many grains, veggie, proteins ect everyday and meal plans for a week at a time. I gained 3 lbs a week for 6 weeks. That put me up to 300lbs. I put my self on a 1000-1200 cal diet and I have not lost or gained a pond since. 

Quoting big_red05:

If you ate a healthy diet you would not have gained weight.. There are a lot of misconceptions as to what is/isn't healthy.. I would be more then willing to work with you am get you on a healthy eating plan to lose weight that doesn't include any of these fads.. This diet you are on can in fact kill you! 
QueenieAbby
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Please read our Group Rules as we do not allow discussion of unhealthy diets like HCG.

GROUP RULES

dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Why are we not allowed to talk about it? I am just wondering 

Quoting QueenieAbby:

Please read our Group Rules as we do not allow discussion of unhealthy diets like HCG.

GROUP RULES

dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Maybe you can help me. Like I was telling the other lady I have had NO luck with past food plans and I am not able to do traditional exercises. What can I do?

Quoting QueenieAbby:

big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We can help you tweak your diet, I am willing to bet you were eating too many grains and not enough protien on your last "healthy" diet.. I am going to start posting my meals each day to help give you ideas on ways to eat healthy and lose weight.. Fr starters you could post what you eat in a typical day and I could give you pointers from there...

Quoting dudestfd:

Maybe you can help me. Like I was telling the other lady I have had NO luck with past food plans and I am not able to do traditional exercises. What can I do?

Quoting QueenieAbby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)