Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone done the hCG diet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I tried doing a 500 cal diet today and it went well until dinner time. I took in 900 instead of my normal 1200-1300, I feel horrible now :/

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Replies (31-34):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM
That's great! A lot of parents don't change the way their kid eats! I know it can be frustrating but keep it up ;) is your daughter meeting all her developmental milestones?

Quoting dudestfd:

Oh no, her food is all organic with minimal to no processing. She may eat fast food or food from a restaurante once a month if that. I am very picky about that she eats bc I do not want her to be like me. I want her to have healthy habits from the beginning, that is why dh and I trying so hard to get healthy. We do not want her to think it is ok for her to be fat bc mom and dad are fat ya know. 

Quoting big_red05:

Does she eat processed foods as well? Maybe changing up her diet to eating more whole natural foods can help? My family is all very skinny I remember my step mom goin through that with my sister.. They just wante her to hit the lowest curve! The dr wanted her to put huge chunks of butter in everything!!

She is a happy healthy 12 year old now but still very thin!!

Quoting dudestfd:

We have had trouble getting her weight up to were is should be. She has been 24lbs for over a yr and is now almost 3 feet tall so there are some things we have to buy her like shakes. Not to mention she eats like a horse and still gains nothing so most of the money is spent on  the quantity of food.

Quoting big_red05:

Does your child eat a specialized diet? Or do you just feed him differen things for yourself? That's a lot of $ to spend on one child! I spend 50-60 euro every week for a family of 5 which is about 80 American dollars so I don't see how you can't make it work, that includes breakfast lunches snacks and dinner

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dudestfd
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

She has bed ahead by 2 or 3 months, the only problem we have is her weight. 

Quoting big_red05:

That's great! A lot of parents don't change the way their kid eats! I know it can be frustrating but keep it up ;) is your daughter meeting all her developmental milestones?
mom_3.0
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yea, I don't recommend any diet that has a name, and certainly not one that has you consuming only 500 calories. 

turtledove91024
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I know a few people who have done this and sure they lost weight but the down side is they were sick all the time, very tired and when they stopped gained all the weight back. Not worth it, just do it the healthy way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)