Good morning, Ladies!
Yesterday was a rest day for me, so there was no workout. However, I did watch a video with my yoga instructor. I've never been into yoga before. It just was not my thing. I had tried it, and it was just uck. Well, now that I'm getting older... now that I've been so busy and stressed... now that I'm ready to start slowing down and stop acting like a teenager who is on a power trip with weightlifting (ha!)... I am ready to venture into something new. One of my girlfriends who is also in her 40s has been a figure competitor for many years, and she also loves yoga. She told me about a particular type of yoga called Baptiste Vinyasa Power Yoga. Upon her recommendations, I ordered the book and level 1 video. I'm still reading the book, but I watched the video. Let me tell you, I'm intimidated by this whole "power yoga" thing. The good thing is that the instructor says that it's different from other types of yogas that are very strict in posture and such. But, this yoga is about freedom and relaxing the mind... finding peace. So, I'm looking forward to it... just not ready to do the pose below. LOL!
Today's schedule includes 40 minutes of steady state low/medium cardio on the elliptical, as well as a full-body weight training.
My meals look like this:
- Breakfast - 1 egg, 3 egg whites, chopped onions, spinach, and sweet red chili pepper
- Lunch - leftover steak sliced up and stir-fried with bell peppers and onions in a little EVOO
- Mid-Afternoon Snack - low-carb protein shake, 1/2 small apple, and 2 TBS. walnuts
- Dinner - Turkey burger, large salad with flaxseed oil
- Evening Snack - low-fat cottage cheese mixed with blueberries and 2 TBS. walnuts
Feel free to start a new thread with your daily meals and workout.