Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Frustraqted

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

I am so frustrated at my health issues. I have been doing so good with eating clean, cutting sugar out of my diet and working out. I started a Beginner Pilates class and was loving it. The instructor was taking it slow and showing us how to properly do the moves and the breathing. There are several people in the class and we are all basically beginners in Pilates. Well that was not the problem cause I was not feeling any pain or stress from the moves. I was just doing this 1 hour class 2 times a week then on other days doing strength training with weights, some yoga and stability ball.  I have lost 6 lbs since starting all this and am so proud of myself.

Now to the problem. As many of you know I have several health issues I deal with (thyroid, fibro, arthritis and now TMJ). Well 2 weeks ago I woke up and my left hip was in so much pain. I took it really easy for several days but it didn't get better so I finally went to the dr and he diagnosed bursitis and gave me a cortisone shot. Well instead of getting better I just got worse. So today I go back in to see him because the pain over the weekend was so bad and traveling down to my knee. He ordered xrays and we'll know more Friday. But also now my TMJ has flared up and it hurts to chew and I'm having such bad headaches. Plus my blood work is out of whack so had to have more blood work.  I'm sorry I am rambling it's just feels like my body is conspiring against me to get healthy. I'm afraid to do my Pilate classes this week and hate being sidelined. Sometimes it's just so hard to maintain an exercise schedule when your body gives out on you. I want this so bad, I want to lose the weight and be healthy and feel healthy.I want to get off all the medications I am on. I carried a sack full of meds & vitamins in to show the dr. This is just so darn hard to not get depressed and just give up. It seems like everytime I really get going my body starts giving me problems.tsk tsk

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv6d6l9/">

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FibroMom1957
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Apparently this post was not relegant to anyone here. I was seeking some comforting words, suggestions, support. Sorry

big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Hey trish! I don't get in here as much as I want to and when I do I don't always get a chance to respond before one of the kiddos pulls me away!

Quoting FibroMom1957:

Apparently this post was not relegant to anyone here. I was seeking some comforting words, suggestions, support. Sorry

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
big_red05
by Head Admin on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
As for the health issues, you are working on being healthier.. It takes time but the important thing to remember is eating healthy will only continue to benifit you even If you can't workout! Soon you will be off the meds & feeling better!

Try to stick to something if only to help your mind.. Try doing some overhead claps or dips anything upper body or abs that wont hurt your hip.. I have had hip issues as well I know how painful/frustrating it can be!
FibroMom1957
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I apologize so much. Bad bad day. Just got news from dr that my hip xrays showed nothing so now I have to have an MRI. I am at the point of screaming. I just want to workout, feel healthy, not feel like an invalid anymore. I just want to shut down on it all right now. I know this will pass I just get so angry at my body for failing me time and time again. I do apologize for being b*tchy. I need to go sit quietly and try to find my happy place.

Sparkles591
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

And so goes life.  A lot of times when we are trying to do something better there is that negative pushing back.  Even if you feel like you are not moving forward fast enough, just keep trying.  

Ever hear about how the teacher made his student go try to move a giant rock everday when obviously the rock would never move?  After months of doing this, the rock never moved; but the strength and endurance this student had because of pushing against something greater than himself was amazing.   

Well, the story goes something like that.  

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Tricia, I'm so sorry for not being here. My schedule has just been absolutely crazy as of late... all the reason to turn ownership of this group over to Cass. I feel really bad that I wasn't here for you. Big hugs, Hun! 

I'm sorry you've been going through so much pain. With all the flareups (i.e., hip, TMJ, etc.), it sounds like your body is going through some type of inflammation.  I know you eat healthy most of the time, but re-check your diet. Sometimes, we don't even realize we allow something in that may cause inflammation. The greatest anti-inflammatory foods are veggies (green and colorful) as well as essential fatty acids. Can you take some extra Omega-3 or fish oils? I bet that will help you with the pain levels. 

hugs

aurorabear
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I am sorry for all of this. It always seems like when there is light at the end of the tunnel it goes dark. However, there is always hope and you obviously know and now see that being healthy is important. Its not all about working out. And its important that you know eating healthy is 80% of it.

How is your eating? What good things are happening in your life?

FibroMom1957
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the story. I had heard it before but it's been some time. I will try to keep that rock in my mind as I'm pushing to get that workout in and trying to stay away from the cheesecake my Mom made today...lol I'm doing much better this past week.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv6d6l9/">

big_red05
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Glad you are feeling a little better! Hugs! You can get through this!

Quoting FibroMom1957:

Thanks for the story. I had heard it before but it's been some time. I will try to keep that rock in my mind as I'm pushing to get that workout in and trying to stay away from the cheesecake my Mom made today...lol I'm doing much better this past week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)