Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Menstrual cycle and holding weight

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

I know it is normal for you to be bloated when you menstrate.  I have noticed that I am doing it when I ovulate as well.  It is frustrating because I have alternating weeks of weightloss/bloating.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes it is very common to have a gain when you menstrate and or ovulate... But it's important to realize it's just bloating and goes away.. It's not gaining body fat this is why we tell women NOT to stress the number on the scale and to only step on the scale once or twice a month.. If you want to evaluate the positive changes in your body (like fat loss) take before and after pics and take measurements.. That is how you can adequately measure success of a healthy diet and exercise program :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I just wanted to make sure.  I need to realize it for what it is just bloating.

QueenieAbby
by Admin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it's just bloating. I get frustrated during those times of the month as well because I could have a flat abdominal area one day, and all of a sudden look a few months preggo the next. But, it is definitely not body fat... I can assure you of that. wink

big_red05
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Yes very common for all women!! Just one of those fun things we have to deal with!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)