Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish me luck...

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 100 Total Views
So its 3 am and I am laying in my bed trying so hard NOT to get up and go for a run this morning (in fact I am trying to go back to sleep) but after losing 15 kg in 3 months I am running in my first race tonight.

I am doing the Mooloolaba 5km Twilight Run.

Wish me luck everyone. I will post pics and my time tonight after I have finished :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cmorris1200
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Good Luck!

bluedolly01
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I FINISHED!!! I don't know my time, I crossed the line in last place, I ran four heartbeaking hills, felt like I was going to die with nearly every step, but so very proud of myself. I don't care that I finished last. I DID IT. Lots of sweat and tears got me here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by Admin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

way to goThat is totally awesome!  I am proud of you too. This is a totally, TOTALLY awesome accomplishment! Just think of what all you can do now. ;)

Quoting bluedolly01:

I FINISHED!!! I don't know my time, I crossed the line in last place, I ran four heartbeaking hills, felt like I was going to die with nearly every step, but so very proud of myself. I don't care that I finished last. I DID IT. Lots of sweat and tears got me here.

bluedolly01
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks Queenie.

I have woken up this morning feeling AMAZING!

No soreness, and just did the best workout with my best friend and inspiration on the most beautiful beach watching the sunrise :)

Quoting QueenieAbby:

way to goThat is totally awesome!  I am proud of you too. This is a totally, TOTALLY awesome accomplishment! Just think of what all you can do now. ;)

Quoting bluedolly01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
big_red05
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM
It doesn't matter what place you finished! You did awesome!! So proud of you!!!

Quoting bluedolly01:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's it.

Just finishing was my main goal, not coming last was another but at least I FINISHED. There were lots of people who didn't for one reason or another.
Oh and my official time?

Considering that during my training runs I was doing 4 in 40, its not too bad.

Quoting big_red05:

It doesn't matter what place you finished! You did awesome!! So proud of you!!!

Quoting bluedolly01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)